Chap 15

*I'm gonna let you design your own sunset for this chapter. Make it as vibrant and colorful as you want!
Warning: some actual cursing in this chapter.

You spent the rest of the day doing your favorite indoor hobby to keep yourself calm and to help organize your thoughts, brainstorming ideas about how to get Jax to like you again. You only stop for a moment to admire the breathtaking sunset as you continue to think. You've already messed up twice and lost his trust completely. Don't think about you... think about Jax... who is Jax? What does Jax like? How does he think? What's something you could use to win him over? Pranks, eating, sleeping, being the center of attention. You could pull some type of friendly prank, but if you even managed to pull it off, chances are it would only make him madder. He is definitely the type of guy who gets mad at someone for trying to get back at him, no matter how harmless the joke may seem. That's sort of how this all began, remember? You could cook him a delicious meal with an apology letter written in fancy calligraphy, but he'd probably just throw it away and scarf down the food. 

You fold your hands and close your eyes, a look of deep concentration on your face as you feel the gentle breeze blowing in from the outside. You had opened your window to get some fresh air, the stars having just started giving light to the ground below. "As much crap as he's pulled... it was one time." You contemplate deeply about who is actually in the wrong here. Stuck in confusion, you study the outside view for a minute before deciding it'd be nice to spend another quiet night outside to clear your mind, and if Zooble was there to join you again, that'd be great! You get up from your desk and start out the door, but not before closing your window to stop any unwanted visitors from entering while you were away.

You close your door and turn to look at Jax's. You take a deep breath and walk over, deciding to follow through with your sudden plan before you backed out. You knock at a volume you know he'd easily hear that wouldn't be too loud to wake up anyone sleeping nearby. You step back and wring your hands nervously. When you get no answer, you knock again in a similar fashion. You wait another while but still no answer.
You grab the handle... it's locked. Of course. You decide to flee and continue making your way outside. Maybe this just isn't the right place or time. He'd probably just yell at you for waking him up anyway...

You turn the hall and walk a short distance only to stop when you hear Jax's laughter echoing from the main tent followed by Ragatha scolding him. You turn and head towards the voices, entering the tent to see Jax grinning arrogantly while Ragatha continued to scold. You stay quiet and walk up slowly. Neither of them seem to have noticed you. "If you didn't take it, and your name is clear, then you wouldn't mind helping me look for it, would you?" "Actually, I would mind. And the name is Jax, dollface." "Uh, whatcha lookin for, Ragatha?" You ask as you make yourself known, not really sure if you should get in the middle of this argument. "Ugh, I've lost my sketchbook, the only one I own, and it never leaves my desk. Who's the only person that has keys to everyone's room and nobody's heart?" She pointed over at Jax with an annoyed look, his laughter having started again. "That thing is like my diary. I draw what I feel, and I don't want anyone seeing my work until I'm ready to share it." This is the perfect opportunity for you to stand up for Jax. "Ragatha, in all seriousness, why would Jax need your sketchbook? I don't think he can sit still long enough to draw anything..." you glance over to see he is no longer paying attention, but is instead fighting a terrible itch behind one of his ears. "He does things like this just to spite people, Seazh. It's nothing to do with wanting to draw. Besides, he's the only one that has keys to everyone's rooms." Still feeling like you owe it to him, you decide to lie. "Uh, Ragatha, I promise Jax didn't take your book... because I took it." She looked at you in shock. "What? Why?!" Uh...