Chap 10

I woke up with a pretty high fever this morning and put a pair of scissors in the refrigerator and it took long enough for me to realize that they had already gotten pretty cold. 😔
Yes, I was aware Ragatha has already seen your room, but were you? Remember all the way back in chapter two? Btw make sure to read all the way down again. And listen to this song if you will. It's a remix and it probably just sounds like melodic nonsense to you. But I have been listening to this song on loop working on the past few chapters. Listening to all these Adventure Time characters at once and thinking about their backstories, development, and roles all at once as their voices are mixed has really been a big motivator lately! The show's been a big inspiration in terms of where this story will end up😉.

Gangle plopped you in a chair as she took a matching one opposite of you. You sit identically, holding your cups as she looked at you with an all-knowing smirk, taking a sip (where do they keep getting these random drinks? Idk). You, however, are just confused as hell. Gangle has never came to your room alone. It was always with the others back when everyone was still trying to get you to socialize and stuff. You then remember what she said yesterday. This was about Jax. Jax and you. "So, Seazh." She took a sip. "Ready for Jax to come back? Only two more days until he's out of confinement." You have to make a decision. Do you tell Gangle you have feelings for Jax and that you plan to ask him to spend the day with you, or do you keep up the facade and act uninterested? Both. "Well, I mean I guess I do feel kind of bad that I'm part of the reason he got sent away in the first place, so I've decided to forgive him and actually, I'd like to try to get him to open up a bit. I managed to help you, right? Not that I'm expecting him to become as understanding or friendly as you, Gangle. That's not even possible in writing. But I think I'd like to try and be.. friends?.." you say the last word in the most awkward way possible. You didn't want to use that word in the first place and now that's probably the only word you said that Gangle is really pondering over. "But I'm definitely enjoying these few days free of Jax's nonsense. I'm not going to go counting down the hours till his release, or anything. But it'd give me something to do to keep me out of my room.." you rub your arm sheepishly and look over at Gangle, wondering if you were masking your ever-growing crush well enough. You either were or Gangle had just decided to play along. "Well, as long as I'm starting to see the two of you interact more. It's a start."
She then got up and walked over to one of the walls. These walls were all covered with masks. Peculiar masks, as each one was of a face of somebody in the Circus. She had acquired beautifully replicated and scarily accurate masks of everyone from Caine to the abstracted players to you. Every time someone entered the game a mask would appear somewhere on the wall. She had a pretty decent collection but the room wasn't filled yet. Gangle often acted curious as to why her room was designed like this, but in reality she knew why. She would often wear these masks in private, pretending to be someone braver. Acting like her real personality didn't exist. She had always just wanted to be somebody else. She was ever so grateful for your efforts to give her more confidence, but she only wished she could do the same for you. She would often practice being courageous in front of the mirror as she wore the different masks, imitating the other's voice and demeanor to the best of her abilities. Once she had gotten used to the circus and met you, she decided to make this second chance at becoming someone new worth something. She was still in the very early stages, but was trying to learn to be her own type of brave after hearing so many of your inspirational words and had tried not to hide behind those masks as much. She took down the mask of Jax's face and put it over her own, sitting back down in front of you.
"Pretend I'm Jax. I just got out of confinement and we're talking. How are you gonna ask me out?" "Uh, well,." You find it very difficult to talk in this situation. It was just so very awkward, like I feel awkward writing this. "I- was wondering. Would you like to maybe go.. on a walk somewhere?" "Be more specific." ", uh.. ok. Would you like to maybe, go walk around outside? Like, maybe stretch your legs after being stuck in one spot-." "MORE details! Make it romantic! Where are you gonna walk? What sights will you see? What mood do you want to create?" (Was this my hs English teacher picking my brain every essay or what). You put a finger to your chin and look down with knit brows. Your mind scans over all the different places you had contemplated taking him to. You take a sip of your cider and inhale, taking in the warm scent of cinnamon. "I'd, love to.. go on a walk with you tonight. If you'd like to go walk around the lake.. I think that'd be fun. Maybe go through the forest, look at the leaves. We could even take a dip in the water if you want. The stars are always so beautiful reflecting off the stillness of the pond, and the moon just illuminates it in such a charming way. It's like.. a light show. A calming one. It sounds like a nice time. What do you say?" You look back up at "Jax" who pulled up the mask and gave you a nod of approval. You are super, super nervous but seeing that what you said sounded okay to Gangle, you feel it's this or nothing.