𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟶𝟶𝟹: 𝚂𝚑𝚎'𝚜 𝙰𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎

A man was actually hiding in the middle of the
lake! Jennie was shocked. She had been coming
here for so long, but she was clueless about it.

Although she no longer had her previous body's strength, she was still sharp, and her eyesight still excellent.

Otherwise, it would be impossible for her to take care of Song Lian and his two other companions by herself just now.

This man must be very strong.

"is this your territory?" she asked cautiously.

The water rippled. Jennie could vaguely see a tall figure coming out of the water.

His silhouette could be seen through a veil of white mist. Straight shoulders, a broad back, and a curvy figure were vaguely hidden by the lake.

Jennie gripped her hairpin tightly as she continued to stare. She had just been reborn; she didn't want to die again.

A low laugh came out of nowhere.

"Do l look that good?"

A gust of wind dispersed the white mist. That man's figure became clearer. It seemed that he was keen to meet her face to face.

Jennie sneered inwardly. She had seen worse. Why should she be intimidated by this?

"I can't get a qood look with the mist in our way. Let me take a closer look; I can give you my answer then."

The flowing mist came to a sudden stop. The man probably didn't expect a young lady like her to talk in this manner.

"If you are really that keen, I will be happy to
oblige. However, I'm worried you'll stab me with
your hairpin before you've seen more." He didn't
seem annoyed because there was laughter in his
voice.

Jennie remained silent. The man was strong, smart, and definitely not easy to deal with. He had fiqured out her intentions with one glance. She wouldn't face such a person head-on when dealing with them.

She simply rolled her eyes, pulled her hair back, and calmly inserted the hairpin into her bun smoothly.

"My apologies. I didn't know this was your territory. I thought there was nobody until   intruded. I hope you will forgive me for my intrusion."

The man was silent for a moment.

"There's no need for that." His voice sounded
distant.

Jennie was flabbergasted. Was he letting her off this easily? Her mind was so confused that she didn't say anything.

"The water in Lake Bibo may be good for health, but your meridian points are blocked. It's better if you don't stay for so long." The man stood up and made his way to the shore as soon as he said that. In a flash, he was done dressing.

Jennie could barely make out his silhouette despite the white mist. She could still see the man's figure. Indeed, it was a really good one.

She, too, wore her clothes with haste without feeling embarrassed and left. This was not a man to be trifled with.

Before she could take a step, the man's voice rang behind her.

"Young lady, I have no wish to pursue this matter, but I have to know who has intruded into my territory today." The tone of his voice was smooth, but it carried a hint of a superior person's
irrefutable nobility.

Are his words meant to intimidate me into telling him my name? Jennie turned around. A man was standing not too far away from her.

She held her breath.