𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟶𝟷𝟾 : 𝙼𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚒𝚙𝚕𝚎

As she listened to the old man's cries, Jennie realized that after she left that day,.he had been thinking about how she had begun the process of healing her Yuan meridian. Alas, he was still clueless after thinking for three days. Finally, he had no choice but to come to the Kim family estate and see for himself.

He almost lost his temper at the sight. The entire courtyard was filled with a strong Scent of medicinal herbs. He knew they weren't any simple herb as soon as he smelled the fragrance.

No ordinary person could have blended so many herbs together perfectly. It was a hard feat to achieve, even for him.

This girl said nobody is helping her. She must be jesting! The old man's sorrowful face wore an expression of you're a big liar.'

Jennie could do nothing but nurse her forehead with her hand. An ordinary man might not know her purpose for brewing these herbs, but not this old man. He certainly knew what these herbs were for.

Not bothering to cover up, Jennie simply shrugged her shoulders.

"If you don't believe me, so be it." With that, she opened the jade box and resumed sorting the herbs.

The old man was clearly shocked because Jennie had shown no interest in explaining further. He was so angry his hair almost caught fire, and he sat on a rock to sulk.

"Girl, I'm not leaving until you've given me an
explanation!" Jennie nodded to humor him.

"Alright. There's water in the house if you're
thirsty." Oh! What sort of attitude is that? The old
man waved his fan wildly with anger, his beard fluttering. This time, he was really up against Jennie Kim!

Seeing that Jennie was actually ignoring him, the old man gave a low snort and casually surveyed the courtyard.

The Kim family was, by all accounts, one of the
Imperial City's four great families. It might be at the bottom of the pecking order, but it still had its heritage. Nevertheless, this courtyard was so remote and shabby that it was no different from any other poor house. Nobody would believe that the once magnificent Chu Ning and his only daughter resided here. To make things worse, these two were the Kim family's direct descendants, and this was what they ended up with.

The old man sighed inwardly: his anger gradually subsiding.

He then looked at the plum blossom stakes and
the other things in the courtyard, which were clearly set up recently.

Were these... used for Jennie's training?

It's too shabby. This father and daughter are living a miserable life!

A uniquely bitter and sour smell suddenly drifted in. The old man twitched his nose. He saw Jennie take out a black dried vine, which was about an arm's length, and put it into the boiling pot.

"Hey, why are you adding the Dried Wall Vine in there directly? The boiling water wilI cause it to melt, and it will greatly lose its effectiveness." The old man quickly rushed to Jennie's side. He said
hatefully,

"You, girl. The Dried Wall Vine is worth a fortune! t's not something that..." He stopped talking abruptly. The Dried Wall Vine should have melted instantly in the pot.

However, it was lying well within it instead. Mist rose from the boiling water as the heat began puffing out. Nevertheless, the vine remained intact!

Gradually, an ink-like liquid flowed out of the
Dried Wal Vine and merged with the boiling
water.

That uniquely bitter and sour smell actually became sweet. This smell could only be achieved through the full distillation of the Dried Wall Vine's potency.