𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶𝟶𝟷𝟽 : 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚎

He rubbed his hands together in embarrassment.

"There, there. No need for you to get upset, girl. I didn't stalk you on purpose. I just felt guilty for earning the 10,000 silver taels. Although l am
short of money, that doesn't mean I can bully a young girl like you against my conscience, right?"
Jennie raised an eyebrow.

"There simply is no need for you to follow me because of this. To me, that red stone is worth 10,000 silver taels." It was more than worth it;
she bought it for a great price!

The old man didn't believe her as he shook his
hand.

"Hey, you don't have to be so polite, girl. I've seen my share of red stones, around 90,000 to 100,000 of them. However, none of them are worth 10,000 taels. How about this? I give you something else as compensation?" Jennie shook her head.

"I'm not interested." The old man looked crestfallen. This girl was a handful.

"What was it that you actually want to ask? You might as well spit it out." He looked at the calm Jennie. Her sparkling dark eyes had already read his mind, so he stopped pretending to be embarrassed.

"Actually... I wanted to know who your master is."

Although there was no fluctuation of force from her body, he could tell that those few movements definitely originated from one or more profound martial art techniques.

She must be learning from a highly-skilled expert.

0therwise, it would be impossible for her to defeat a stage three martial artist like Lu Zhitao. He had been leading a boring life all these years. It would be great if he could spar with the expert!

Jennie squinted her eyes. "What do I have to gain by telling you?" The old man scratched his head in annoyance.

He was penniless, and she didn't look like she was in a shortage of money either. He finally patted his head after a long time and took out a jade pendant.

"Why don't we use this to trade? It's still worth
something." Jennie looked at his hand, and her eyes lit up briefly.

It was a jade pendant with the carving of the Xuan symbol. From the looks of it, the pendant with the Xuan symbol wasn't of inferior quality. It was definitely worth more than 10,000 taels! How could he offer it to her so casually?

"Really?"

"Of course."

Sensing that his proposition somewhat moved her, the old man advanced a few steps and shoved the jade pendant into her hand.

"An old man like me has no use for this thing. Since you like it, it's yours." After a moment's thought, Jennie accepted the pendant. She gladly accepted it since he dared to give it to her.

"Fine. I'Il be honest with you. I don't have a master," declared Jennie openly.

The old man was so excited and full of anticipation that he instantly froze.

"What? No master? How can this be? Don't tell me you actually mastered the skills on your own?
Jennie coughed.

She really had no explanation.

"It's true. I don't have a master." The old man caught her wrist in disbelief.

"Damn, girl. You better tell me the truth..." He suddenly paused halfway through his words.