Chapter 10

The next time she saw Suga was at the Bangtan Dragons compound talking to two men she didn't know. She stopped and watched Suga. He was wearing those ripped jeans again and a tight-fitting, thin shirt in red with a black dragon on it, and a short leather coat over that. No matter what he was wearing, Hee-Jin always thought he looked damn good. What's more, whenever she met him there was this tingling sensation and her pulse quickened. She debated whether she should wait until he was gone or just move on. She collected herself briefly and then simply walked away, trying to ignore his presence. She had almost reached the villa when she heard a motorcycle coming behind her. She jumped briefly and slowly turned around, her pulse quickening again. But it wasn't Suga as she had thought, in fact she had almost hoped so. It was a black Kawasaki Ninja and JK got off. "Hey, Hee-Jin, you look disappointed, were you expecting someone else?" JK grinned. "No, no, I wasn't expecting a motorcycle at all and was just a little irritated. I haven't seen you on a bike yet "I saw it. Nice piece," Hee-Jin smiled, a little embarrassed. "Would you have time for some training?" JK asked as they entered the villa. "Yeah, sure. Why not," she replied. "Then put on something comfortable. We'll meet downstairs in the training room in 15 minutes, okay?" "Yeah, see you soon then." A little later she entered the training room and watched JK abuse a punching bag with his hands and feet. "Oh, there you are," he grabbed a towel and wiped the sweat from his face. "Where did you learn to fight like that?" Hee-Jin asked curiously. "You inevitably learn that if you want to survive on the streets." She nodded: "I see. How long were you on the streets before you came here?" "I was very young when I lost my parents. I basically grew up on the streets. Before I came here, I was involved in petty and large-scale thefts." "Haven't you ever been caught?" "Rarely," he grinned. "Ok, let's get started then." JK showed Hee-Jin a few defensive moves and how best to avoid a knife attack. He was impressed with how skillfully and quickly Hee-Jin learned and moved. She wanted to learn more. "I want to be able to fight like you," she said and soon JK had a very talented student in Hee-Jin with whom he enjoyed training.

In the following weeks, Hee-Jin rarely saw Suga. She concentrated on her upcoming exams and was happy to have few distractions. The training sessions with JK, on the other hand, helped her as a physical balance to the strenuous studying. Jimin was still very concerned about Hee-Jin. She enjoyed his loving and caring nature. She didn't find it unpleasant that he kept flirting with her. So they sat next to each other on the sofa again and watched a film. When the film ended, Hee-Jin wanted to go back to the study room to continue studying. Jimin followed her, blocking her path and smiling lovingly at her. She was leaning against the wall next to the study door and he was standing right in front of her. Jimin pushed a few strands of hair out of her face. "Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?" He looked deep into her eyes. She blushed slightly. "To be honest, not yet," she replied, slightly embarrassed. He further asked: "Have you ever had a boyfriend?" "Well, not really. A boyfriend hasn't been an issue for me until now." This time he stroked her cheek. "What a pity. But maybe I can change your mind." He came very close to her face so that she could feel his breathing. She held her breath for a moment. But suddenly Jimin was torn away from her. Suga grabbed him by the collar and pressed him against the Wall. "You better go!" he growled in his deep voice and looked at her with a dark look. She stared at him in complete shock, as did Jimin. "Suga!" she exclaimed. "Come on! I have to sort something out between men here." "No!" she objected. "This is none of your business, it's a matter between me and Jimin," he replied, still with that dark look that could scare you. But Hee-Jin didn't move from the spot. "Oh yes, it's my business, after all this is about me too. Stop it and let him go!" she replied defiantly. Suga wasn't used to being contradicted, so he turned back to Jimin, who was still pressed against the wall, gasping for air. Suga hissed in his face : "Keep your hands off her! She's taboo for you!" Then he let him go again. Suga turned back to Hee-Jin and gave her a piercing look. He looked like he wanted to tell her something else. He bit his bottom lip with a pained look. Then he turned abruptly and hurried out. Hee-Jin watched him go, completely irritated.