Chapter 37

In the following weeks, Hee-Jin was busier with her medical training again, so she had little time for other things, but she always had time for Suga, regardless of whether she was tired or overworked. Sometimes he was just there when she came and went to sleep with her. She liked to fall asleep in his arms. His body smell, the warmth of his skin, his heartbeat and the soft sounds of his breathing had a calming effect on her and made her happy. When she got up one morning and gave the sleeping Suga a loving goodbye kiss on the forehead, she had no idea that the day would take a dramatic turn and that she would not see Suga again so quickly. As usual, she drove her car to the clinic and parked it in the hospital parking lot. She had left her car and was on her way to the hospital entrance when a white pickup truck suddenly appeared out of nowhere, stopped next to her, two men jumped out, grabbed her and put a sack over her head. It happened so quickly that she didn't have time to react because before she could defend herself, she felt a stab on her neck and just thought, "Shit!" Then her vision went black and she lost consciousness. When she came back to consciousness, her eyes first had to get used to the dim light. She also felt pretty muddy from the anesthetic. Her arms were tied behind her back with tape or something similar. She tried to sit up and orientate herself where she was at all. She could only remember fragments of what had happened before, but she couldn't say how much time had passed since then or what time of day it was. Some dark inkling told her that Kwon was probably behind it, because he still had a score to settle with her. She felt a little uneasy at the thought of what he would do to her. But she was still alone. She had now picked herself up, although she was still quite dizzy and tried to explore the room to look for a way to escape. But the room consisted only of old, weathered, brick walls and a small, barred light hatch through which daylight only came in faintly. The door was a heavy metal door with only a knob and no apparent lock. She guessed that she was locked in the basement of an old industrial plant somewhere, so screaming made no sense. In addition, she would then be more likely to attract the attention of the kidnappers than to get help. The realization that there was currently no escape so quickly made her sink back to the ground in frustration. She leaned against a wall and thought. How long would it take for her disappearance to be noticed? How would Suga and the boys react? They wouldn't even know where to look. Or what if she was just a decoy to lure Suga into a trap. It was now well known in the underworld that Suga and Hee-Jin were a couple. Lots of thoughts flashed through her mind. Time passed and now and then she heard distant noises that she couldn't identify. It was slowly getting dark when footsteps finally approached. She scrambled to her feet to be ready. The door was unlocked and two hooded men entered the room. They didn't say a word, grabbed her and dragged her through hallways and stairs. In the end they took her to an old warehouse where more men were waiting for her. She already knew one of them, she hadn't forgotten the face. Kwon!! He grinned triumphantly at her. "There's Suga's cheeky doll. Now you don't have such a cheeky mouth anymore." He walked towards her, she looked him in the eyes and straightened her back. "Still rebellious? So still no manners! Bow to me!" She continued to look at him and didn't move. With full force he rammed his knee into her abdomen, causing her to collapse forward. Kwon grinned triumphantly. She slowly stands up again. "This is now playing according to my rules," he said to her. She grinned with a slight pain and replied quietly: "Uneven game." "Has anyone asked you for your opinion?" A sharp blow hit her face unprepared. She fell to the ground, but was able to catch herself and roll over. She tasted blood, her lip was burst and swollen. Before she could get up again, he was at her again and yanked her up by her hair and threw her across the room. Again she was able to roll over and this time she managed to get to her feet before he was at her again. "You are only strong because it is an unequal fight. Untie my hands and we'll see," she scowled at him. "My rules!" When he tried to grab her again, she successfully dodged him. But this made him even angrier. After a few well-aimed kicks, she was on the ground again. She was gasping for air. The two hooded men finally pulled her up and held her she firmly. Kwon grabbed her with one hand under her chin and looked at her with a malicious grin. "I will make sure that your Suga no longer recognizes you and that no other man will look at you again." With the next violent blow he broke her nose. More countless targeted blows followed. In the end she was barely conscious, both of her eyes were almost completely swollen, her nose was a bloody pulp and the area underneath was thickly caked with blood when he finally stopped and looked at his "work" with satisfaction. "You look really beautiful now. "Let's see what Suga says. Let's take a selfie," he said, laughing maliciously. He triumphantly positioned himself next to her so that her demolished face could be clearly seen. When they took her away again, she could still hear Kwon's malicious laughter.