Chapter 17

She had met Suga in a small restaurant for dinner and because he had something to do nearby, he took her with him. They had just left the small shop when three shady guys confronted them. The guy in the middle was wearing a black leather jacket and tight leather pants, the others were wearing bomber jackets. Suga stopped and pulled Hee-Jin behind him. "Hey, Suga, where did you pick up the doll? You haven't introduced us yet. Hey, did you know that our Suga has been playing with dolls lately?" The guy in the leather jacket laughed maliciously. Hee-Jin noticed how Suga was seething and clenched his fists. She whispered: "Don't! Don't let yourself be provoked." Suga gave a snide grin. "What do you want, Kwon. You'd better go." Suga motioned for Hee-Jin to go with him. But Kwon stands in his way. "No, how rude. You could at least introduce us to your doll and let us play along." Before Suga could attack Kwon, Hee-Jin pushed him beside and stood in front of Kwon. "So, you want to play with me?" Hee-Jin said belligerently. "Then be careful not to hurt yourself," she grinned cheekily. "Suga, I think you should explain to your doll who she is looking at. I think I have to teach her some manners." He swung a punch, but it was ineffective because she cleverly dodged it. Annoyed, he signaled to the two companions who were now holding her. At the same moment, Suga went towards Kwon going on. It seemed to be an unequal fight because Kwon had a knife. In a short flashback she saw the stab wound from back then. With a clever twist and punch, she put first one man out of action and then the other too. She watched breathlessly the fight between Suga and Kwon. Suga managed to knock the knife out of his hand and Hee-Jin took it straight away. Finally, Suga managed to put him in a headlock. Hee-Jin stood in front of Kwon: "I hope you enjoyed the game." She grinned and gave him a well-aimed knee kick in his groin. Grinning, Suga let go of him and Kwon collapsed, his face contorted in pain. "Are you okay?" Suga asked. Hee-Jin nodded. Suga and Hee-Jin smiled at each other and left the place together without looking back. When they arrived at her apartment, Hee-Jin first treated their wounds. Suga looked at her admiringly the whole time. She brought the bandages back into her bedroom. When she wanted to return, he suddenly leaned in the doorway to her bedroom. She was familiar with this intense look and once again she felt hot and cold. "I don't know whether I should be mad at you or admire you. You're already an extraordinary woman." She smiled a little embarrassed. "The training with JK seemed to be worth it." He walked up to her, put his arm around her waist, pulled her close to him and held her head with the other and kissed her passionately. He paused briefly and looked at her. His look was a mixture of concern and severity: "Promise me that you will never risk your life carelessly, no matter for whom and what happens." "Only if you promise me that too," Hee-Jin replied. Suga rolled his eyes. "You know that I would risk everything for you because I love you." "Then you know the answer," Hee-Jin replied with a smile and now she kissed him passionately. Finally he picked her up and carried her to the bed. "Rest, my flower." Disappointed, she asked: "Do you have to leave already?" "Um, yes, I still have obligations, I have to go urgently," he answered a little hastily and hurried away. Hee-Jin was once again left puzzled by his behavior.

Suga took Hee-Jin to the villa on the motorcycle. They had picked up Hee-Jin's leather jacket and pants. She had insisted on keeping the things on straight away. Suga had just stated that the clothes would look good on her. Afterwards he was very withdrawn and silent. She had the impression that something was bothering him. Before they entered the villa he said to her: "I have a surprise for you. Only now I'm not so sure whether that was a good idea." He looked at her so penetratingly again and his look also had something like regret in it. Suddenly he straightened himself, put on a smile and said: "Come on, the surprise waits." He took her hand and walked into the villa hand in hand. When they entered the living area, the boys were already waiting there. Suga greeted them, "Hey, guys. Surprise!" "Hey, wow!" The boys were mostly surprised, only Jimin and Hoeseok didn't seem quite as surprised.