Chapter 45

He welcomed her like a king and kissed her hand. First they entered the temple and lit incense together and a shaman performed a ritual. Then he led them to this special place in the garden of the temple complex under the tree. There, a regal, comfortable bed had been set up out of blankets and pillows. He motioned for her to sit down. When she sat he looked at her seriously. You could tell that this was a special moment for him. He hesitated for a moment, but then he got down on his knees in front of her and looked at her pleadingly but full of love. Visibly nervous, he finally said to her: "Hee-Jin, I'm not a man of big words. You know how much I love you and I want to have you by my side forever." He paused briefly, his eyelids twitched nervously and his tongue worked in his mouth. Finally he continued: "Would you like to be my wife and stay with me? Spend the rest of your life at my side, even if it won't be an easy life? But I will always treat you like my queen and protect you with my life." He looked at her questioningly and passionately. She didn't answer immediately, but at first just looked at him and nodded. She struggled with her feelings. Finally she answered: "Yes, I want to spend the rest of my life with you as your wife. I couldn't imagine any other life or a better man than you." He was visibly relieved and grateful. He leaned over and kissed her tenderly. Then he took something out of his costume and took her hand. He stuck a beautiful ring on her finger.

"This engagement ring is a family heirloom from the Min family. My grandfather had it made especially for his wife. After that, my mother got it from my father as an engagement and now I want to carry on the family tradition," he smiled at her. She was speechless and looked first at Suga and then at the ring with wide eyes. She stroked the amethyst in awe. " Thank you, it is a great honor for me to be the third woman within the Min clan to wear the ring," she said, visibly touched. Their eyes met. Suga put his hand on her cheek, pulled her towards him and kissed her with gratitude and love. They stayed there for a few more hours until Suga called for them to leave. He first took her back to the villa, where they separated to get ready for the evening. What awaited her next? That too was a big secret. But she didn't care because she was on cloud nine. She kept touching the ring as if she still couldn't believe it. Back in her apartment she got ready for the evening. The dress fit like a glove and emphasized her figure. She put a lot of care into her hair and make-up and was only satisfied after one or two improvements. The limo picked her up again, but now Suga was in the car. This time he wore a black suit with a vest and tie.

Before they arrived at their destination, he asked her to put on a blindfold so that the surprise would be perfect. They got out together and he led her somewhere. After a short walk she was allowed to take off the blindfold and they stood in front of a double door. This was opened and Suga entered the hall with her on his arm, smiling happily. What she finally saw there made her legs go weak and if Suga hadn't held her, she would have fallen over. She struggled to compose herself, tears welling up in her eyes from emotion and happiness. All her friends, her Bangtan family, sat at a long, festively decorated table. This included the boys and their better halves, Mrs. and Mr. Park, but also Jeung, the bartender, and other friends. Suga proudly said after the applause died down, "May I introduce you to my fiancée and bride-to-be, Ms. Choi Hee-Jin. Soon, hopefully, Min Hee-Jin."  Those present again began to cheer and applaud. One after the other, the guests congratulated Suga and Hee-Jin on their engagement. Tears of happiness flowed from her and Hee-Jin and Suga kept throwing happy looks at each other . After all the well-wishers had taken their seats again, Suga took her by the hand and led her to the table. At the table he gave her a kiss on the hand and wanted to sit down with her. "STOP!" came loudly from the crowd. The guests looked expectantly at the frightened couple. Then JK started shouting: "Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss,..." Little by little everyone joined in. Suga, laughing slightly embarrassed, turned to Hee-Jin and kissed her passionately to loud cheers. Only then were they allowed sat down and the food was served. After the meal, music was played, dancing, drinking and talking until the early hours of the morning. Suga had booked rooms for everyone in the hotel, so the distances were short. Suga and Hee-Jin supported each other each other when they entered their suit early in the morning. They barely made it out of their fine clothes before they fell into bed, dead tired but incredibly happy, and cuddled up close to each other. "Thank you for the great day, I am so incredibly happy. I love you ." "Me too and I'll never let you go again," he murmured into her neck, already half asleep.