Chapter 35

Hee-Jin was driving in the city in the evening when her cell phone rang. At first she thought that Suga was calling to ask when she would be home. She was even more astonished when she read the letters JK on the display. "Hey, JK, what's wrong?" she spoke up. "Hee-Jin, I'm in trouble and I really need your help." His voice sounded excited and nervous. "Couldn't you get hold of any of the boys?" "Um, no...I need YOUR help." "Oh God, are you hurt?" "No time to explain. Please come quickly!" he pleaded. He briefly explained where she had to go and Hee-Jin accelerated. As excited as JK was, the situation had to be really serious, otherwise the well-trained martial artist from the street wouldn't be easily disturbed. When she arrived at the agreed location, she called JK again. "I'm here, now what?" "Do you see the group of men standing in front of the shop? Can you somehow distract them and lure them away so we can get away? Sumi is injured and urgently needs a doctor." "All right, tell me where I can find you when you get out of there." "Let's do it." She thought for a moment and accelerated. She targeted the group at full speed. The men jumped aside in horror and stared at her in shock. At the end of the street she quickly turned around and began her second attempt. She grinned cheekily and called out to them: "Well, you shitheads, would you like a little chase? Whoever catches me gets the first prize." Then she accelerated and she had achieved exactly what she wanted to achieve. They ran to their vehicles and gave chase. Thanks to Suga, she knew a little about this neighborhood and was able to mislead her pursuers well and ultimately shake them off. "Where are you?" she reported back to JK. He briefly described the place to her. She drove to a nearby side street and walked the rest of the way. She found an agitated JK crouched over a young woman, desperately trying to stop bleeding. Without asking any questions, she pushed JK aside and looked at the injuries. The girl had already lost a lot of blood and was barely conscious. She said to JK: "She needs urgent medical attention otherwise she will bleed to death. It's too far to my doctor's office and would take too long with the traffic." She thought for a moment, then called Hoeseok and explained the situation to him. He agreed and promised to call Ra-on and ask her to bring her emergency kit and more bring a few IV bags." They got the girl into Hee-Jin's car and drove to the apartment building as quickly as possible. They drove straight into the underground car park in order to get into the house and into Hoeseok's apartment as inconspicuously as possible. He had already cleared the dining table and laid out towels. While Hee-Jin continued to look after the girl, Hoeseok took JK aside and asked him with a serious face: "What have you gotten yourself into again?" JK looked at him innocently. "Sumi was in trouble and I couldn't leave her hanging." He added angrily: "They beat her up badly and would have done something else to her if I hadn't..." His last words were drowned out by the doorbell. When Ra-on came in with the necessary emergency medical equipment, Hee-Jin said with relief: "Thank God, she won't last much longer." The two women now looked after Sumi together and Hoeseok took JK into the living room. After an hour they arrived, Hee-Jin and Ra-on came out of the dining room a little exhausted and JK immediately jumped up: "How is she and can I go to her?" "She's sleeping, I gave her a light anesthetic. But she is out of the woods and will be fine again." She nodded encouragingly to JK and held the door open for him. Very relieved, he hurried away. Exhausted, the two women collapsed onto the sofa. Hoeseok brought them two glasses of schnapps. Hee- Jin toasted Ra-on. "Good teamwork again. Thank you for your time at such short notice." Ra-on smiled. "But always happy. If our boys are in trouble again." Then Hee-Jin turned to Hoeseok with a serious face: "I'm sorry that we attacked you so suddenly. Unfortunately, the girl cannot be transported until tomorrow, so she has to stay overnight I would have to stay here. Ra-on would take care of her tonight and I'll bring her to my doctor's office tomorrow. Would that be okay for you?" He smiled: "No problem. I'll leave my apartment to you tonight and sleep in Seokjin's apartment." He packed up a few things and left his apartment. Later Hee-Jin sat with JK and she looked at him questioningly. "Who is the girl and how do you know her? " "I know Sumi from the street. She has a similar past to me. We met by chance at some point and I promised her that I would take care of her. She was like a little sister to me at the beginning." He looked at the floor in front of him, somewhat embarrassed. "And now?" Hee-Jin asked. "I think I feel more for her now," he answered sheepishly. She put her hand on his shoulder and smiled. "It's completely normal. She's a pretty girl." "Do you think she could stay with us like Ra-on?" She shrugged. "You know that's not my decision. Why don't you just ask Suga?" "I don't dare. You also stood up for Ra-on at Suga. I don't want her to have to go out on the streets again." She pulled his head to her shoulder and took him in her arms. "It'll be okay, little brother. She's lucky to have such a protector." Later Ra-on came to relieve her. JK had fallen asleep on the sofa. Hee-Jin briefly explained what JK told her about Sumi and informed her about her condition, which was stable. Then she drove back to her apartment. So she entered the apartment and found Suga sleeping on the sofa. When she looked at her phone, she realized she had three missed calls from him. She felt a little guilty. He was certainly worried, but perhaps Hoeseok had also informed him. She stood in front of the sofa, a little hesitant, wondering whether she should wake him up. He was sleeping so peacefully, so she just blew a kiss on his forehead, tucked him in carefully, and then went to sleep in the bedroom herself.

In the end, Suga wasn't mad at her, even if he had to admit he was worried. Sumi was finally allowed to stay and was lovingly welcomed by Mrs. Park, much to JK's delight. She got Jimin's old nursery and fit into the family without any problems. Hee-Jin had felt the strong bond between JK and Sumi from the beginning and it went far beyond a sibling relationship. Sumi admired JK and the Bangtan Dragons. After she recovered from her injuries, the two of them blossomed and Hee-Jin loved how lovingly the two of them treated each other. JK was warned not to get too distracted, but Hee-Jin felt that this warning was unnecessary because they gave each other strength and support. Hee-Jin was happy for JK and even Suga was sympathetic about the positive influence Sumi had on JK. Hee-Jin was pleased to tell Suga that this was another good example that women can have a positive influence in the gang, whether directly or indirectly. She hoped that this would convince the master at some point.