Loss

Dad took Daryl, T-Dog, and Glenn back to the city to find Merle after leaving him chained to a roof. I wanted to go with them but Mom, Dad, Carl, Shane, all of them were against it. It annoyed me at first but there's nothing I can do about it now. 

Shane beat Ed senseless after he hit his wife Carol. Shit I got mad too but Shane almost killed him. Ever since Dad came back Shane's been acting weird. He seems more distant and angry. Eventually I'll ask him about it, but not now.

The rest of us who stayed at camp were sitting around the fire eating some fish.

"I gotta ask you man. It's been driving me crazy." Morales said to Dale.
"What?" Dale said.
"That watch." Morales said as he pointed to it with his fork.
"What's wrong with my watch?" Dale said with a smile.
"I've seen you everyday at the same time. Winding that thing, like a village priest saying mass." Morales said and the rest of us smiled.
"I've wondered the same thing." Jacqui said.
"I'm missing the point." Dale said.
"Unless I misread the signs, the world seems to have come to an end. At least hit a speed bump for a good long while." Jacqui said.
"But there's you every day winding that stupid watch." Morales said.
"Time-- It's important to keep track, isn't it? Days at least. Don't you think? Andrea? Back me up here." Dale said and all she did was chuckle.
"I like what a father said to son when he gave him a watch that had been handed down through generations. He said: I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire, which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine or my father's before me; I give it to you. Not that you may remember time, but that you may forget for a moment now and then, and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it." Dale said while the rest of us just listened.

"You are so weird." Amy said and we all laughed.

The rest of our dinnertime fell mostly silent while families talked amongst each other.

"How's your fish?" I said to Carl.
"Good. But it doesn't taste like anything." Carl said.
"Better get used to that baby brother." I said with a smile as I ruffled his hair.

And then the silence fell again. But only for a moment, till we heard screaming. We looked over and saw Amy getting bit by a walker as she stood in front of the RV. More and more walkers walked into our camp.

"Mom, grab Carl!" I shouted as Shane took out his shotgun and I took out my pistol and we started shooting the walkers.

Everyone else ran for weapons as we all killed as many walkers as we could. Shane and I got separated. Mom and Carl were behind him. I saw a pair of walkers getting closer to Carol and her daughter Sophia.

"Come on, stay close to me." I said to them after killing the walkers in front of them. The three of us made our way back to Shane and we were all moving close together while Shane and I shot walkers.

"Come on, y'all! Make your way up here!" Shane shouted as we cleared a path to the RV.

There was more gunfire as the group that went with Dad to the city had come back.

"BABY!" Dad shouted and Carl ran over to him and into his arms, crying. Dad held Carl as he walked up to Mom and the three of them hugged. He put Carl back on the ground as he made his way to me.
"They came outta nowhere, they-" I said, holding back tears as he pulled me into a hug. Mom and Carl walked over and I hugged both of them as well.

The group of us at the RV was way smaller than we had in the camp. 

I looked over and saw Amy dead on the ground with Andrea crying over her. Carl looked and started crying again as he put his arms back Dad.

Carol walked over to me with Sophia under one arm.

"Thank you for saving us." She said as she pulled me into a hug.
"Yeah, of course." I said as I hugged her back and I felt a tear fall down my cheek.