4. A date?

The next morning the usual banter began quite early.

Surprisingly most boys were awake 7 well obviously with the great exceptions of Rohit and Niya.

Virat decided to wake Rohit up first and told Shubman to wake up Niya as their rooms were opposite to each other.

He knocked on the door but no reply came from the other side. He kept trying it for a while but go no response.

All this while his mind was battling should he open the door or not?
He twisted the knob and it wasn't locked.

He quietly got into the room and called her from a distance. She didn't wake up.

He went near her and placed his hand lightly on her face and called her. She woke up the next moment and their eyes met. They stared at each other for a while.

Niya's Pov :

I was busy dreaming when i felt someone's hand on my face. I heard a sweet voice and my heart started beating crazily. I knew it was his voice. Even in deep sleep I can't forget his voice, his eyes, I can't just forget him!

Or wait am I dreaming about it?
I opened my eyes and their he was. Our eyes met and I looked into his dark brown eyes. He was looking at me with utmost care and concern. I couldn't break the eye contact and just stared at him.

Shubman's Pov :

She woke up and and looked right into my eyes. Those hazel brown eyes of her met with the my pair of dark brown eyes.

Her eyes always filled with so much cheer.
Her aura is so calming. Those happy vibes around her.

Ugh. I realise I had been in this situation for a while and I quickly withdrew my hand and without breaking the eye contact said, " Wake up Niii and get ready, it's time for the breakfast."

"Niii?" She frowned

"Yes, Niiii.
If you call me Shubhiii why can't I call you Niii !"

She suddenly jolted up and hugged me.
It felt so warm. She didn't break the hug for a while and said "Thanks Shubhii" and broke the hug.

I raised my eyes as if asking for what?

And she said "Umm..Nothing...I just felt like saying it. You really are a great friend."

"Haha, That I am! Now go and get a shower and come to my room after you get ready."

She replied it with a quick okay and left.

After a while they got down for the breakfast together and settled themselves.
While having breakfast they had multiple eye contacts but surprisingly it didn't come into anyone's notice.

After the breakfast everyone was going out on dates with their WAGs as it was their last day off.

[ WAGS-  Wives and Girlfriend of famous athletes ]

Shubman quickly went upto Niya and said, " Hey, everyone's going to be out today and I don't want to sit in the room being bored the all day so I am going it, You wanna join?"

Niya replied, " But Shubhiii I...."

"Please Niii, Please we will have fun I promise" Shubman said with puppy eyes.

How can someone deny to those puppy eyes thought Niya.

"Sure I'll join. Well first come to my room and help me unpack." Said Niya

"Aye aye captain" said Shubman and followed her to the room.

Shubman helped Niya and both of them finally went out.

"But where are we heading to?" Niya asked

"You will come to know soon Nii." He replied.

After an hour's drive or so they reached the place and Niya went in awe as soon as she stepped out.

It was somewhere outside the city, with greenery all around and a cabin.

Shubman stepped out and said, "How's it"?

Niya was awestruck by the beauty of the place to say anything.

"You didn't like it? We can go somewhere else! Tell me where do you want to go?" Said Shubman in one breathe.

"Relax Shubhiii, and no i didn't like it! I loved it! It is such a beautiful place." Said Niya

"Yes it is! Well it's Rohit Bhai's" Said Shubman.

They both went in, there was a pool in the backyard they spent their day having fun.

It was around 6 when Shubman got up and said "Hey, I am in the kitchen, I will be back in a while."

Shubman came back after a few minutes with two cups of hot chocolate and a tray full of snacks and told Niya to follow her.

Niya followed him like an obidient kid and they walked for a few minutes and soon reached a place.

The view from there was breathtaking. The complete city could be seen with a beautiful sunset.

There were a few chairs and a small table nearby as they used to come to this place quite a few times.

Shubman kept the mugs on the table along with the snacks and pulled out chair for both of them.

They sipped their hot chocolate enjoying the beautiful view. Their hotel could be seen from there.

Shubman pointed it out and said, "Look that's our hotel, seems so tiny."

Niya couldn't find it. So Shubman took her hand in his, pointed it towards the hotel and while shifting his head on her shoulder said, "You see it now?"

"Yes!!" She replied

They stayed like that for a while when Shubman realised the situation and took his hand back and slowly took up his head.

There was complete silence for a while and then Niya took his hand and intervined it with hers and kept her head on his shoulder.

Shubman sat there processing the whole situation when she said, " Shubhii, this is the best time I've ever spent with someone." And she looked at him.

He looked at her and replied, " My best time too"

He looked at the time and said, " It's time for us to return Nii."

Again they both turned silent and their was awkwardness during their way back to their hotel.

They both indeed felt good in each other's presence but were unsure and unaware about theirs and each other's feelings.

All of them gathered in the team room for dinner and by this time all of them realised a bit something was going onn.

As soon as they saw Shubman and Niya coming to the room, they all smiled sheepishly.

Both of them settled themselves at their places. And Hardik came up with an idea. He asked everyone how was their day and everyone said they went out on dates with their WAGs. Ishan nudged Shubman and said, "What did you do? Did you also go on a date?" And everyone chuckled.

"Yes I did." Shubman replied only to stop all of them from chuckling but realised what he said and again repeated YES I DID looking at Niya with a smile.

Everyone went in awe at such a move from him as it was totally unexpected. But no one did say anything and they finished their dinner with usual banter and dispersed to their rooms.

Shubman and Niya both stood in the lobby for biding good night. When Niya thought of breaking the silence and said, "Well... Shubhii.. Considering it as a date, huh?" And winked at him.

"Yes Niii" he replied and smirked.

They both smiled and hugged each other.
They went to their rooms.

And they call it a night.