41. Step one

-----------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell are you doing?" The person said sternly looking at them.

And before there could be any further protests Niya's hand was in the strangers hand while his eyes raged at Shubman.

Niya was almost numb with the initial shock to say anything for a while.

"Bhai...listen please" She finally managed to say.

It was her elder brother, Ruhan standing there.

"What is there to listen now? You are here out with this guy and our family has got no clue about it." He raged.

"Please for once atleast listen to us bhai" Shubman said calmly.

Shubman and Niya somehow managed to convince Ruhan and told him about their whole story.

"His approval matters to you, right?" Shubman whispered while placing a hand on Niya's shaking legs.

"More than anybody else's in the world." Niya whispered back while Ruhan cleared his throat to gain the couple's attention.

Both of them turned their heads sincerely towards him.

"So, Shubman...What if I don't approve of this relationship?" Ruhan said raising a brow.

"Then we will respect your decision but will continue to make efforts from our side in this relationship to make you approve of it." Shubman held Niya's hand tightly. A silent promise being made.

Ruhan smiled seeing their intervined hands releasing a bit of tension from the other two's chests.

"Well, if my little Niya really loves you who am I to not? But listen young man the day you go against my sister, the moment you make her cry you'll face the hell." Ruhan warned subtly like every elder brother.

"Nahi bhai, I love her a lot. I promise I'll never do anything to let her down, never ever in her life will she have to go through anything alone, I'll always be there whether good or bad."

"By the way you guys look great together" Ruhan approved.

Step one was done. They were moving towards making things big, it was getting bigger with now their families starting to be involved.

"Thank you bhai" Niya said hugging her brother.

"Acha all that is fine, mummy papa ko kab batana hai?" Ruhan interrogated.

"After this series, when I come back to India." Niya dropped the bomb both for Ruhan and Shubman at the same moment.

Shubman's eyes went wide. Wasn't this girl just saying how they won't be able to meet for months when they return back? And now she's wanting to introduce him to his parents?

Just the thought of it got him nervous. What if her parents dont like him? What if they don't agree or approve of this relationship? What if they never let her meet him again?

"Oh hello!" Niya snapped her fingers in front of his face.

"Yea yea say" Shubman came back to the present.

"How about we go to have some drinks?" Niya smiled brightly.

"No way Nii/Niya" Shubman and Ruhan spoke together and laughed.

"Whyyyy" Niya whined.

"Coz I don't want you to have a meltdown in the middle of the night about how the rabbit shouldn't be defamed for loosing the raise against the tortoise." Shubman chuckled.

"Yea and I don't want to be embarrassely holding your hair back while you puke." Ruhan high-fied Shubman

"Teaming up against me already!" Niya pouted.

"It's too late already. Shall we head back to the hotel?" Shubman asked Niya.

"Yeah I don't want to hear a lecture about discipline from Virat bhai at this hour." Niya sulked.

"Bhai you also come with us" Shubman insisted.

"I would've but I have some work early morning and I am a little busy. Will catch you guys on the game day directly." Ruhan said bidding them goodbye.

Niya and Shubman reached back to the hotel while she was already asleep in her man's arms.

Shubman gentaly carried her to the room. He made her sleep comfortably on the bed and covered her with the duvet.

He was ready to sleep peacefully until he turned around and almost recieved a jump scare seeing Ishan all of a sudden.

"Iss time pe mere room mae kya kar raha hai?" Shubman whisper yelled.

"Oh hello ye mera bhi room hai." Ishan said a bit loudly and got his mouth tightly shut by Ishan till they reached to the balcony.

"Jdhdjw"

"Kya" Shubman questioned. Ishan bit his hand which was long forgotten on his mouth by Shubman.

"Insaan hai ya jaanwar"

"Jaanwar ki baat aap toh na hi kare priyatame, tujhe toh zoo walo ne bhi reject kar diya" Ishan laughed.

"Ab kaam kya hai batayega?" Shubham said being irritated by his sleepiness.

"Oh haan, actually Rohit bhaiya kept a meeting tomorrow morning...at 7 A.M." Ishan said scrunching his nose.

"Subeh 7 baje! Benstokes 3 toh baj gye. Sone de ab mujhe" Shubman said quietly dimming the lights.

"Good night. Saala bhalai ka toh zamana hi nahi hai. Ye aaj kal ke bache thank you toh bolne se rahe." Ishan mumbled.

"Good night Ishi and thank you. Ab so ja drama queen."

He turned towards Niya and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Good night world. I love you." He whispered.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : Hope y'all liked this part. Do vote and comment.

~Bye until next time