19. Match day and injury

It was match day. Everyone woke up and boarded the team bus. They had their breakfast at the stadium and warmed up.

India won the toss and decided to field. There was a bit of dew on the ground. In the 9th over De Kock tried to hit it for a six but the ball touched the bat on the edge. The ball was up in the air above the covers. Shubman ran to catch it, he got the ball but unfortunately slipped and twisted his ankle. The team went running towards him and soon the physio took him off the field. Niya saw all of this from the viewing deck and was tensed seeing it. She quickly went down to the team dressing room and found Shubman wincing in pain.

Niya : Are you fine? Is it paining a lot?

Shubman : I am fine. It's just a normal ankle twist.

Niya : Normal?!

Shubman : Yes, it happens often with athletes.

Physio : True but you wont be able to field or bat today.

Shubman : What why?

Physio : I fear that if you strain it more, it will cause a tissue tear. So you are not allowed to be a part of today's game anymore.

Niya : So now, you have to rest. If you need anything then tell me. Don't even dare to get up.

Shubman : Okay. I won't.

Shubman was a bit unhappy about it but then thought that he wasn't even putting up runs on the board for the team from a while so it would be just better. He spent the time watching the match with Niya. IND won the match by 7 wickets. Rohit went to attend the press conference and Shubman was watching it all keenly on the television.

Reporter : The team didn't seem to be troubled by Shubman's departure from the field and even put up a great score on the board. My question is if the team can do well without him then why is he being kept in the squad? Run unke bann nahi rahe hai fir bhi aapne team mae rakha hai ye baat samjh nahi aa rhi hai.

Rohit gritted his teeth and smirked. Everyone knew what was coming.

Rohit : Arey sir dekhiye mae aapko samjhata hu. Ye cheez samjhna bhot zaroori hai. Jese aaj aapne ye saval pucha aur ese hi saval 2-3 baar aur kisi interview mae puch liye toh company aapko sidha nikal thodi degi?

All the people present there bursted with laughter.

Rohit : He is a a promising young player. We won't stop backing him because he has done wonders while playing on the field earlier and will continue to do so.

The reporter just zipped his mouth.

Another Reporter : Sir, what are your views on Shubman Gill's rumoured girl friend?

And here we go again...

Rohit : Arey bhabhi ji kesi hai?

Reporter : Sir... I am not married yet.

Rohit : Acha toh girlfriend ka hi bata dijiye.

Reporter : Nahi hai sir.

Rohit : Haan! Dusro k girlfriend pe itna dhyan doge toh apni kese laoge. Sir unhe milni hogi toh mil hi jayegi aap apni fikar kijiye.

He quickly finished the interview and went to the dressing room to check on Shubman and hugged him.

Rohit : Are you fine? Zyada lagi hai kya?

Shubman : I am fine bhai. Thanks for backing me.

Rohit : Anytime kiddo. You don't need to thank me for just saying facts out there. Your stats say all the story.

It was the time to board the bus and Shubman was about to get up when Ishan quickly ran to him and stopped him.

Shubman : I am fine. I can walk yaar. Get out of my way.

Ishan didn't reply to it but instead carried him on his back and gave him a 'idc about your ranting' look.

Mahi bhai : It's so good to see you guys standing up for each other. This bond is special, preserve it. UNLIKE SOME OTHERS WHO PLAN TO CREATE FAKE RIFTS ALL THE TIME.

He said the last part glaring at Virat and Rohit and they both gulped in fear. Rahul dashed to Niya and put his arm around her shoulder while walking towards the bus.

Rahul : Not gonna lie I am really mad at you for not spending time with me.

Niya : I am sorry Rah!

Rahul : You better stick with me now.

Niya : But you stink.

Rahul : It's okay.

Niya : Wait, I am the one to have problem with it here.

Rahul : It's still okay. Saying this he hugged Niya and all she did was making a yuck kinda face.

Their journey back to THE BORING HAVELI was filled with banters, bickerings and ofcourse Chahal TV interviews.

As soon as they reached everyone dashed to the dinner room while Ishan walked with a sleeping Shubman on his back. He made him sit on a chair between Virat and him.
They tried to wake him up but their efforts were in vein. He somehow managed to open his eyes but was in no senses to process anything. So Virat fed him dinner with his hands.
Niya just adored the site and turned to Rahul.

Niya : Learn something. Feed me!

Rahul : Should'nt you do that too?

And Niya and Rahul too fed each other.

Hardik : Yaha toh apne log hi dur hote ja rhe hai.

He said eyeing Rahul and Niya.

Niya : Toh tum thoda paas aajao. Join us! What are you even waiting for!

Hardik too joined Rahul and Niya.
They finished their dinner and Ishan had already dropped Shubman to his room.

Rahul bhai : Niya if I find you working on your laptop now I swear am gonna throw it. Stop taking workload and have a good night's sleep.

Rohit : And no coffees post dinner. OKAY?

Niya : Okay 🙁

Rohit : Nah, that face ain't gonna work baby sis. Come onn now, I'll drop you to your room.

They reached to her room.

Rohit : Stay away from your phone at night. No social media, no web series, no movies, nothing. Just sleep okay?

Niya : Okay...but can I watch just one episode?

Rohit : NO!

Niya : Just one... Please 🥺

Rohit : NO MEANS NO. THE PUPPY EYES AINT GONNA WORK. I am very strict that way.

He hugged her tight and left for his room not before wishing her good night and giving her a forehead kiss.

Niya's POV :

I can't even imagine how much pain he must be inn. I've never seen him so tired, so much exhausted ever. He was literally wincing in pain. I just hope he will be fine tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : I hope you are having a good time reading this book. If yes then please, please, please vote and comment.

~ Bye until next time💗