14. The chase

There was silence in the room. None of them said anything but their eyes were having a conversation. Niya just passed him an affectionate smile and left the room. It just confused Shubman but he decided to let her take her time.

"So are we ready?" Asked Virat

"YES CAPTAIN" All of them replied.

"Wait, I am your captain guys!" Said Rohit. To which everyone made a duh face and Rohit just rolled his eyes.

It was their time for dinner. Everyone sat at the dinner table TOGETHER. For the first time in two months the place was again filled with chaos and uncountable laughters.
It was late at night when they were returning back to their rooms and Rahul bhai spotted a man standing at quite a distance wearing black hoodie and sunnies -- at this hour?
He signalled everyone and soon the man left. They all decided to follow him leaving Rahul bhai and Mahi bhai at the hotel as they needed someone reliable to be back then.

Virat : Rohit where's the car?

Rohit : Which car?

Rahul : Don't say you forgot it.

Rohit : But what?

Hardik : You said you will keep cars ready if they were needed anytime!

Jaddu : Seriously Rohit?!

Shreyas : Guys, we can do this all later but for now see that guy is leaving.

And they all saw him entering in a black car. Virat spotted a --- van...
It was surely an abandoned one

(This was the van

(This was the van. The back of the van had grills like this but imagine the back with complete grills from top to bottom)

Hardik pulled out a screw driver and blade from his pocket did something and the van started. Everyone was shocked. They all got seated in the van. Virat was on the driving seat. Jassi on the passenger seat and the others were behind. There were no seats in the back so they all just sat on the bottom.

The van took off. Yes it took off coz the way Virat was driving it was no less than an aeroplane or something. All the boys were tumbling in the back rolling from here and there.

"It's the first chase of my life ever!" Said an excited Hardik

"And probably the last too!" Said Rahul horrified by what was happening.

"Arey tilli ko andar rakho isme se nikal gaya toh." Said Rohit pointing towards the grill and all of them had a good laugh while crashing here and there.

Jaddu : Arey yaar sab log ye ajeeb si van ko hi dekh rhe hai.

Hardik : Arey van ko nahi gadhe sab hame dekh rhe hai.

Ya well, to those few people who were standing on the street it was a -- crazy site. A van going at the speed of 200 with a few animals no...they were humans?! Humans in the back?! Rolling from here and there and still laughing!? They assumed it to be a van of some mental asylum.

Kuldeep : I don't want to die this way.

Ash : Neither of us want to.

Ishan : Meri toh abhi tak shaadi bhi nahi hui!

And there were +1s from all our eligible bachelors.

There was a little window joining both the parts of the van and Ash peeked from there and said "Virat!!!! Please slow down!"

Jassi : Haan bhai please and see iska fuel bhi low hai. Ye khatam ho jayega i guess.

Rohit : Arey ese toh phonchne se pehle ham khatam ho jayenge. Mahi Bhai ko le lena chahiye tha sathme. Ye gadha sunta toh sahi kam se kam.

The van stopped abruptly and all of them bumped their heads either with each other or on the grills.

They all got out and sighed a breathe of relief.

Hardik : Arey gale lago sare ham zinda bach gye!!!

Rahul : For real this time!

Virat came out of the van and everyone shot daggers at him.

"YOU ARE NEVER DRIVING AGAIN"
All of them yelled angrily.

The man entered the hotel and everyone went behind him. Well because of all their experience with media they quite had mastered the art of disguising themselves. They went behind and now that guy was talking to someone.

"Jaddu and Hardik! It's your turn to do your job guys". Said Virat

Well if you are wondering what was their job? Then it was to eavesdrop the conversation. Well coz who would do this job better than them by any chance.

The guy soon went to his hotel room and all of them returned. Well how would they go back coz the van had no fuel. Jassi made a call and 2 cars reached there in no time and they were back at the hotel -- the boring haveli to be precise.

As soon as they entered there Mahi bhai and Rahul bhai looked at them and all of them had big swollen and bumped heads.

Rahul bhai : Did you guys got engage in a fight or something.

Rahul : No bhai. Why? What happened?

Mahi bhai : Then why do you all have swollen and bumped heads?

Rohit : COURTESY -- MR.VIRAT PREM KOHLI

And all of them told whatever had happened.

Shubman : Where is Niya?

Mahi bhai : She was in the garden a few minutes ago.

Shubman went and checked the garden but couldn't find her. Panick seized him. He told everyone to check her room and all the places in the hotel where she could be. But she was nowhere to be found. They finally went running to the terrace and found her standing at the edge.

Shubman : Niya!!! What are you doing?! You will fall!
The fear and panick was much evident in his voice. He stepped towards her but stopped at her words.

Niya : Don't! Don't you dare come near me! You said you don't even care. You said you didn't love me. Then will it even make any of a difference to you if I live or die?

Virat : Niya! No!!! We all love you! He does too!!

Rohit : Niya get down at this instant.

Rahul : Niya please don't do this!
He practically begged his best friend with tears in his eyes. A lot of noises from different people standing there but it didn't make a difference for her.

Finally Ishan spoke, "He did the same to me too but does it mean we have to end our lives?! We have a world above and beyond that and because of one person you can't let everyone suffer from misery. Please Niya. Not for him but for us. Don't do it".

Niya : It was for the first time in these years that I fell for someone. I gave my all to this short term relationship I had. But what he did? Made those fake promises and left? I am sorry I know you all love me and I love you guys too but I can't live with this guilt, this anger, this hurt anymore. Whatever happened has happened but remember Shubhi I always loved you! Saying this she stepped and jumped from the terrace.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : Thanking you all for the love and support till now. Please continue showering it on this book.

Please vote and comment.

~Bye until next time