9. Mahi Bhai

It was around 3 A.M. Virat was sitting in the balcony gazing at the stars. He remembered how he used to always sit like this with Mahi Bhai by his side.

Rohit : Virat tu soya nahi? It's 3 A.M

Virat : Tu bhi toh jaag raha hai Ro. Come sit here.

Rohit sits beside him and Virat places his head on Rohit's shoulder. They sat in silence for a while just looking emptily at the sky.

Rohit : Vi...ab?

Virat : Ab...mana lenge Mahi bhai ko.....

Rohit : Dhaniya laane nahi jana hai! MAHI BHAI ko manana hai! " Mana lenge" Rohit said mimicking him.

Virat : He is actually really angry. I disappointed him again Ro. I am not worth his love, not worth being his kiddo.

Rohit : Pagal hai kya? Galti ham dono ne ki hai. You are bound to have every single happiness Vi!

Virat and Rohit : Mahi bhai ke room mae chale?!

Rohit : Yes! Yes! Abhi chalte hai!

Virat : I am sure wo bhi jaag rhe honge.

Mahi Bhai's POV :

I can't sleep. Sleep is far away I can't even sit back and relax. I know those boys will also be awake right now.

I may be was a little too stern but what is needed is needed. They can't go onn doing these kind of things. Now they are seniors and still they take such inquisitive decisions.

His chain of thoughts were broken by the sound of his door opening. He knew it was his kids. He could sense it.

Mahi bhai : Yes? Do you need anything Virat and Rohit?

Hearing Virat and Rohit instead of Cheeku and Ro did hurt them but what was hurting them more at that point was that they disappointed their Mahi Bhai who always was with them even against the whole world.

Virat : Can we come in bhai?

Mahi bhai : Yes, come in.

They both came into the room and stood their holding their ears.

"WE ARE SORRY MAHI BHAI"

Mahi bhai : Do you think this will fix what you have done?

Rohit : No bhai, but we promise we will never do it in the future.

Virat : It's..it's just..that bhai...I...We...we wanted you to be with us and bhai you mentoring us will actually be beneficial for the team.

Mahi bhai : Ok I might agree to that but answer my question did you guys even for once think about it emotionally or was it a total professional decision for the betterment of the team? AND I WANT THE TRUTH.

Rohit : Sorry...sorry bhai... Yes...we were at some point also driven by emotions.

Mahi bhai : And how many times I have told you to keep your personal and professional lives and relations both different?

Virat : We are sorry Bhai... We know we disappointed you. I..I... disappointed you... I am not worth being your kiddo. I have always did this. I never could prove it to the world for you...I am sorry Mahi bhai.. But I promise I will always listen to you Bhai..

Rohit : Yes bhai...Please maan jaao na.

Mahi bhai : Hmm. Okay boys I forgive you but promise me no such things will happen ever in the future.

"WE PROMISE"

Can we sleep with you just like old times? Asked Rohit

Mahi Bhai : Ofcourse you can! Ro aur cheeku kabhi permission bhi lete hai kya😂