23. Best friends

Once the ICT reached at the hotel, it was time for their dinner. Niya sat beside Rahul and Shubman sat beside Ishan. Trying to manofy their jealous and grumpy best friends. Just getting more on their nerves was all Niya and Shubman did all the while.

After dinner Rahul went to the garden while Ishan went to the terrace. The place that now scared Shubman for his life. His legs shook and tears automatically come out of his eyes thinking about it. All that happened, right in front his eyes, the same place, the same terrace.

Shubman ran in terror towards the terrace to find Ishan just looking at the sky.

'ISHAN!' He screamed and ran towards him. No matter how much time would pass but that place, that incident will always scare him.

He hugged Ishan tightly and it felt like all those bad moments happened all over again. Niya stading there. Him seeing her jump. A blood covered Niya. The hospi-- 'Nnnooooo' came a loud scream out of his mouth.

"You will never in your life ever come to this place alone Ishan. Promise me. PROMISE ME ISH!" He said.

"As if you even care" replied Ishan.

Shubman : Are you out of your mind!? I care. I do care about you more than anyone else. Maybe even more than Niya. You were, are and will always be the FIRST for me. You are my bestfriend Ishan and I can't even think of any other friend if I have you. Don't do any of this stupidity ever. Don't ever think you don't mean anything to me. And PROMISE ME YOU WON'T COME HERE ALONE EVER AGAIN.

Ishan understood why Shubman sounded so scared at the moment and said, "Okay. I promise. I won't come here alone but that doesn't give any justification of you not spending time with me. I am not complaining that you spend time with Niya, but you were with Rohit bhai, Virat Bhai even Harry and Jaddu bhai but not with me".

Shubman : I am sorry for that. For not spending enough time with you. For not being with you. But please fit it in the little brain of yours that YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND. I can't live without you! Don't ever think you are any less for me. And wait I've got something for you.

Saying this Shubman forwarded a gift to him. Ishan quickly opened it.

It was a photo frame of him and Shubman

It was a photo frame of him and Shubman. He looked at all the photos which brought him down the memory lane. All the years that he spent with Shubman. HIS BESTFRIEND. Since their under 19 days.

There was a letter with it.

Ish,
Thanks for always being there for me. We've been inseparable since our under 19 days and I want it to be the same for the rest of our lives. We've been crazy, happy, sad, angry, dumb all at the same time, TOGETHER. Forgive me my dear Ish. You will always be my number one, no matter what. CAUSE TODAY AND FOREVER, FOR THAT'S HOW LONG WE WILL BE BEST FRIENDS.

Ishan couldn't stop crying reading all of that.

Ishan's POV :

Dumb me! How could I even think he has got another best friends. We've spent so much time together. It is so evident! Why did I even think like that!? He has been there for me always and I will be there for him always.

Ishan jumped onto Shubman ," We will always be best friend." said Ishan.

"ALWAYS" Shubman replied.

And both of them walked to spend some time together with their hands wrapped around each other's shoulders. Just like they had a hold of each other's life.

ONE DONE, ONE TO GO.

On the other hand, Niya just walked behind Rahul yelling him to stop for a good 10 minutes. She ran infront of him and it was the first time in two days she looked into his eyes. They didn't show any emotion. This was the first time she had seen the calm and cool Rahul this angry. Rahul just stared back at her. She somehow mustered up the courage to speak.

Niya : Um..Rah... What happened?

This was the first time she felt like she would rather face Bumrah's bouncers instead.

Rahul : Nothing.
His voice was devoid of any sort of emotion. It was just cold. Very cold.

Niya : I know you are angry.

Rahul : Good for you.

Niya : Rah, listen I am sorry.

Rahul : Okay.

Niya : Please? I am very sorry. I should've....

Rahul : Not forgotten me like I didnt exist? Hah. He scoffed.

Niya : I am sorry to do that. I didn't mean to. A manager couldn't even manage her own time. She muttered under her breath.

Rahul : You didn't mean to..what?

Niya : I didn't mean to hurt you.

Rahul : No, no. I didn't get hurt at all. A person gets hurt if they keep expectations. I don't even expect anything from you. You've already deserted me before.

Ouch. That hurt. It broke her heart into a million pieces.

Niya couldn't form words for a while. Even if she wanted to, she couldn't.

Niya : Rahul. That time it was the situation...

Rahul : Ya go onn. Blame the situation. Blame the world. Blame me! Don't accept. It's always my fault, isn't it? Do you know how many fucking times I've cried for you? You always do this. You be with me when you need me and then leave when you get others! You did this before, you are doing this now! I am optional best friend- oh wait, JUST AN OPTIONAL PERSON. Stop pretending like you care and now please fucking leave me alone!

Hurt? No. It was way too less to say, she died. She died that moment.No words could explain how pathetic she felt. She couldn't say anything. It just broke her, shattered her.Her world fell apart and so did she. She thought of this as a nightmare, that would just end in a snap, but it didn't. She waited for the happy ending.

HAPPY ENDING? SORRY WE AREN'T IN DISNEY.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hope y'all like it. Please vote and comment.

Target for votes : 20

~Bye untill next time