10. Faith keeper

It was dinner time and everyone gathered at the table. Both Niya and Alisha came into the room. Niya was just about to get seated beside Shubman when Alisha ran to him and hugged him.

Alisha : Hi babbyyyy!

Shubman : Yes Alisha! Come on sit here, let's have dinner together. It's been years we have had it together.

He said pointing towards the chair beside him. Niya just looked down and went to be seated between Rah and Ishan. They both understood the situation. Ishan held her hand tightly as if just consoling her a little. She rested her head on Rah's shoulder.

Rah : It's okay Nii! They are just really good friends. JUST FRIENDS.

Niya : I know Rah I just don't feel good. It's maybe because I've got my period today.

Ishan : You are on your periods and you didn't tell us?! We need to take extra care of you Ni!! Do you need anything? Hotpad? Chocolates? Medicines?

Niya : No...no..I am fine. I just need a hug.

Hearing to it both Rahul and Ishan engulfed her in a really tight hug.

Rahul : Feeling better now?

Niya : Yes! I love you guys!

"We love you too!"

Meanwhile Shubman finished his dinner within 10 mins and left the dinner table laughing about something with Alisha. He didn't forget to look at Niya before leaving as if asking for her permission. Niya just blinked her eyes in response.

Hardik : Hey Niya, what happened why do you look kind of dull today?

Rahul bhai : Yes i noticed that too. Everything fine kiddo?

Rah : She is on her period and this idiot decided not to tell anybody also!

Jassi : Oh! Are you fine?

Rohit : Do you need any anti spasmodic tablets or anything?

Virat : Shall I get you some hot chocolate?

Niya : I am fine guys! I am fine! Thank you for all your concern.

Everybody glared at her listening to that. "YOU DONT THANK YOUR FAMILY" They said in unison.

Niya : Geez. Okay okay sorry. Don't yell boys.

Dinner was done and Niya was about to leave to her room when Ishan came running towards her.

Niya : What happened? Why are you running like that?

Ishan didn't answer and just gave a piggy back ride to her till her room.

Ishan : If you need anything then tell me. I will get it. No need to get up. Saying this he passed a heating pad to her. And left wishing her good night.

Niya was happy. Why wouldn't she be? She got the best brothers in the whole world. A family who will always be by her side no matter what. But she was a little gloomy about the fact that Shubman didn't notice the odds about her. She thought he would be the first one to figure it out. She wished to enjoy her dinner with him. She thought he would be the one who would be sleeping with her instead of this heating bag! Maybe...maybe she expected a bit too much.

It was about 15-20 minutes later that she heard her room door getting opened. She looked up to find Shubman stading there.

He came into the room. But..he had something with him. It was a bouquet of white and purple lilies, a tray full of chocolates, some letters, a chocolate-coffee cake and a few of his hoodies. He gave the bouquet to Niya who was looking at him with utmost surprise.

Shubman : Ofcourse I know!

Niya just had tears in her eyes. Shubman sat beside her and hugged her tightly whispering sweet things in her ear. He kissed her cheeks before parting away and said, " I am sorry Niya, I am not the best boyfriend. I got busy with Alisha and couldn't take care of you properly. I know I did hurt you. I am sorry!"

Niya : You....you idiot! YOU ARE THE BEST BOYFRIEND EVER! I love you sooo much Shubhiiii! Thank you for all of this! But i need one more thing.

Shubman : What is it tell me...bloody monster.

Niya : Huh. I need you to be here with me, hug me and watch some shows. Please..?

Shubman : Ofcourse I will do it cramping kid.

Niya : One more joke about my period and I will kill you.

Shubman : Kill...you mean I will bleed?

Niya : MR.GILL 😒

Shubman : Okay. Menstrual jokes are not funny. Period.

Niya : Ughhh! 😩

Shubman : Acha sorry. Say what movie do you want to see? How about Bloody merry?

Niya started crying now and Shubman realised he went a little overboard without thinking about her mood swings.

Shubman : Shhh...Please don't cry. I won't do it. Please.

Saying this he hugged her and stroked her back in order to calm her down. She drifted to sleep in just a minute.
Shubman laid her down on the bed and covered her with the duvet placing her heating pad on her stomach.

Shubman's POV  :

She must be in so much pain and I couldn't even be with her. On top of that i even made her cry. I am such a bad boyfriend. Why? Why can't I take care of her the way she does for me!

He thoughts were broken by a little mumble from Niya, " You are the best Shubhii and you will always be. Stop thinking and sleep."

He smiled listening to that. If she trusted him so much. If she said so who was he to doubt ? She is his faith keeper.

Trusting him was Niya's decision but proving her right is Shubman's responsibility.

He mentally promised himself to never let her regret this decision and to always love her till the end.

He too drifted to sleep while hugging her

On call -

1st person : Hey did you do your job?

2nd person : Yes! Done and dusted perfectly. Indeed nobody even doubted me about it.

1st person : Hahah! Let's enjoy the drama now!

2nd person : Yes! The revenge for all that happened.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/n : I hope you all like it.
Please comment on the chapter guys and don't forget to vote for it.
It would hardly take a few seconds to do either of that but it would matter to me so much.

~Bye till the next time.