22. His ton

"Good morning Nii" a voice came and there was bright light in front of Niya's eyes. It took her a while to adjust to the lighting and she just jumped out of the bed clinging onto Shubman.

Niya : Good morning Shubhii. It's your match day! Good luck!

Shubhi : Thanks..
He looked kind of dull which didn't go unnoticed by her.

Niya : What happened Shubhi?

Shubman : Uh nothing. We will have our breakfast later at the stadium so get ready. We've to go.

Niya : In a minute.

Niya took a quick shower and got ready quickly.

(Her outfit)

She entered the team bus where she saw a certain Sharma glaring at her.
Rahul wasn't even sparing a glance at her, Virat looked quite jealous and ISHAN Oh God! He acted as if she didn't even exist. She felt like she wasn't managing the ICT but was baby sitting a bunch of kids who behaved like teenagers in adult bodies. Oh! The complications you see!

She decided to make up for it after the match. As soon as the team reached the stadium everybody had their own rituals or say a set of superstitions they followed.

Niya was sitting in the dressing room when it was the time for toss. "Good luck Rohit bhai" she said to which Rohit just nodded and left.

INDIA WON THE TOSS AND DECIDED TO FIELD.

Rohit felt it would give the players a bit time to settle on the field as they weren't really performing well from the last few matches.

Misfield wasn't a chance and the bowlers did their magic. They restricted SA at 207.

Rohit and Shubman opened the innings. Shubman stepped across the rop, right foot first. Niya had her fingers crossed, praying to the divine power.

They got off to a beautiful start and in no time completed their hundred run partnership. Both Rohit and Shubman got their half centuries. Niya just sat in the dugout while silently praying. It was drinks break in between and Ishan went into the ground. He handed them energy drinks.

Ishan : Rohit bhaiya, Virat Bhai n bola hai hawa mae thoda kam maro😂out hogya toh hotel mae ghusne nahi dunga. He said mimicking Virat.

Rohit : Match khatam hone de ek baar fir dikhata hu use.

Ishan : Aur Shub out hogya na toh bhabhi aaj sach mae peet degi tujhe. Dhyan se khelna. Century banao aur match khatam karke aao dono.

Shubman : Will try.