36. Carnival

It was around 2 A.M when Ishan heard a knock on his door. He got up quickly wearing his helmet, with bat in his hands and no.100 dialed on his phone (just in case if he needs).

He opened the door with a war cry only to find Niya standing there.

"Is this the time to come?" Ishan asked taking his helmet off.

"I didn't knew raat ko 2 baje tum ese mujra karte ho" Niya said looking at his avatar.

"What is it bhabhi?" Ishan enquired seeing her a bit worried.

"Shubh is not in his room. I can't find him." Niya said hastily.

"Ugh go sleep. He is fine, leave it on me." The frustration was quite clear in his tone. But Niya trusted him more than anyone when it comes to Shubman.

Niya went back into her room still wondering while Ishan picked up his phone and went straight to the ground while muttering something.
As soon as he entered the ground he saw the sight that he had already imagined. His bestfriend soaked rather bathed in sweat while practicing in the nets.

"Wow what a shot! Beauty!" Ishan screamed as Shubman hit the bowling machine's throw.

Shubman stopped suddenly hearing the voice. "Hi" That's it and he went back to practicing again.

Ishan stopped the bowling machine in between and that caused Shubman to frown a bit - maybe a lot.

"What is it!" He yelled.

"I will do throw downs for you." Ishan said adamantly.

Ishan did it for a fine hour after which tiredly both of them sat down.

"Hath dukh raha hai mera ball daal daal ke" Ishan said holding his arm.

"Toh kyu dala? I was practicing alone na."

"Haan loner aaya bada. Leave you alone? Taki tu retired hurt hoke aaye. Nice plan."

"Why did you come here tho?"

"Tere liye nahi aaya hu. Bhabhi ke liye aaya hu."

"Niya?"

"She came to my room searching for you. Atleast drop a message to her yaar."

"Ya. I will."

"It was just one bad game you can't keep on doing this." Ishan slumped down saying that.

"They should be terrified of me." Shubman said with a sense of determination in his eyes.

"Like they are of Rohit bhai and Virat bhai?" Ishan said with a smile on his face remembering the timid face of bowlers.

"Yes" Shubman said his eyes were glittering much more than the stars in the sky.

Ishan whispered something in Shubman's ear immediately and both their faces were lit with big ear to ear grins.

"It's not wrong as long as we don't get caught" Shubman said with a smirk.

"As long as we don't die it's gonna be a hell of a story." Ishan smirked back.

And both of them quickly changed and went to one of the corners of the hotel.

"How are we gonna go out?" Ishan said looking at the big wall in front of them.

"We will jump!" Shubman said excitedly before climbing up the high 20 feet wall.

"Ab ye bhi mae hi sikhau?" He whispered.

"Chup kar. Apne baap ko mat sikha." Ishan said before climbing on the wall.

Both of them jumped together on the other side without noticing where they would land. Well they landed in a trash bag with a dog and her puppies just beside it.