1: Introduction

©July 2015 by cutelikepandas
All rights reserved.

DISCLAIMER : this book contains the mental disorder, schizophrenia. My intention is NOT to glorify or romanticize this mental illness. If anything, I want this to bring awareness to it. Thank you for reading 💕

     Senior year was finally here. All of my hard work since pre-school would finally pay off. All the sleepless nights of cramming before a test, writing essays, and dealing with annoying human beings and teachers for eight hours every day was going to be worth it.

     The year kicked off to a great start. I've been at the same high school for three years, so I totally know the ropes around here. The only difference is the classes I'm taking are extremely challenging and I'd be lying if I didn't say it's been stressing the living hell out of me. Not to mention the overly attached guidance councilors constantly stuffing paper and information about colleges into my brain- as if I'm not scared enough. I've had a college in my heart ever since My teacher recommend I look into it in ninth grade; The California Institute of Technology. I'm interested in studying Earth Sciences, and after doing a couple nights worth of research I found out they're the number one top college in the United States for that category. It seems now all I'd have to do is actually apply and be accepted, right? Sadly, it's much more complicated than that. My parents have practically shoved a college down my throat; Community College of Rhode Island. Yes, I live in Rhode Island. That tiny little state that doesn't get talked about much. Don't get me wrong, it's an okay, fun place to live, but California is where I want to go.

     I haven't exactly told my parents this, but I will...eventually.

-
     "Mom! I'm going to school, love you!" I yelled as I grabbed my keys from the hook near the door.

"Okay! Make sure to take Jamie. You two have a good day!" She yelled back from upstairs. Jamie was my annoying little sister who constantly steals my clothes, make up, and pretty much anything she can get her hands on. She's in her first year of high school and has handled it pretty well to my surprise. Despite her being a brat, she has her moments where I feel thankful to have a sister like her. But there's definitely some downsides.

Ever since I got my license, I've become her personal chauffeur. Her wish of destination, my command.
Driving was pretty relaxing for me though, so I don't really mind.

I blasted the stereo and bobbed my head to the beat. I parked right in front of the school (senior perks) and got out of my car. Jamie waved goodbye and ran away to her friends. (She won't dare hug me at school, because that's so "uncool".)

"Hey Arabella!" My best friend Daniela yelled from the front steps of the school. The high school was super old, so there's still steps leading up like in some movies. Thankfully, inside was more modern. If they hadn't renovated, I'm pretty sure this place would be falling apart.

"Hey!" I yelled back.

"Monday's are the worst." She groaned.

"I know, hopefully this week will go by fast. I need a break from school."

"You? The amazing math and science geek actually wants a break from work?" She joked.

"Yes, in fact I do!" I crossed my arms. Suddenly, a hand landed on my shoulder making me jump.

"Hey beautiful." A male voice whispered into my ear. I whipped around to find Reed Carter, the quote on quote 'bad boy' at my school. He's known for his terrible reputation of flirting with any living female with a nice body, breaking hearts, attending every party possible, and owning the most expensive motorcycle anyone's ever laid eyes on.
I haven't really dated since my sophomore year. School work and maintaining good, drama-free relationships with my friends became my priority. Even if I did start dating again, Reed is the last person I would ever consider.