34: Getting Closer

- AT DARREN'S CABIN: CHAPTER 33 CONT'D-

"That was...amazing." Darren breathed heavily, running his hands through his beautiful hair. 

    "Yeah...wow." A tear fell down my cheek. He looked over at me and sat up quickly when he saw my face.

    "Arabella, are you okay?" 

    "Yeah, I-I just...I don't know. It was just a lot. I'm just really emotional right now."

    "Are you hurt? Do you regret it?" 

    "No, no. It was perfect. It's just a big deal and I'm overwhelmed. They're happy tears." I smiled. 

    "Oh, thank god. You scared me." He giggled, laying back down next to me, wiping a tear away from my face. 

    "I wish we could stay here forever. But I need to sort all of this out." 

    "Arabella, you've taught me a lot of things. And one of those things is to just tackle one thing at a time. You don't have to contact your father if you don't want to, and you don't have to go back home and deal with your parents right away either. Just relax." 

    "I know, I know. It's just important. I can't stop thinking about it. Well, I wasn't just now." I laughed. "But now I am." 

    "haha, I'd hope you weren't thinking about that during...you know." He smirked and kissed me on the nose. "But whatever happens, I'm here for you." 

    "I know. Thank you." I smiled back. I stayed there for most the day until I couldn't take it anymore. I was pacing back and forth deciding what my next move should be. 

    "Babe, you're making me nervous," Darren said watching me. 

    "I just don't know what to do. I can't just stay here thinking about it. I'm going to go to Dani's and use her laptop. I can't go home. Not now." 

    "That's a good idea. You're going to try to contact him?" 

    "Yep. I just want to know if he wants to see me. I'm scared of the answer more than anything though. I'd also love to meet my sister."

    "I bet they'd love to meet you too. It's also perfect that they live in Cali. You'd have a family to lean on if you needed." 

    "Is it bad that I'm angry though? At him?"

    "No, not at all. He left you. I know how that feels. You have every right to be angry. I think you deserve answers though. Not for him, but for yourself. He owes you."

    "You're right." I stopped pacing and got out my phone to text Daniela to come pick me up.

    Ten minutes later she texted that she was in front of my house. Darren walked me back through the woods and gave me a kiss goodbye. 

    "Arabella!" Dani exclaimed. 

    "Hey, can you step on it? I don't want my parents seeing us." I asked. She pressed down on the gas and took off. 

    "Okay, so we need to talk. Avery gave me the run down. What in the actual hell?" 

    "I know. I'm just as shook as you." 

    "How are you processing this?"

    "Well, not too well. I-"

    "Wait. You have a glow to you." 

    "What do you mean?" I asked as my face got red. She glanced at me while she was driving and then screamed like a fangirl.

    "YOU AND DARREN DID IT!"