15: Lonely Kisses

(a/n - photo of Arabella for anyone who's forgotten, she lowers my self-esteem lol)

Last week was officially the last time I'd ever get to be with Him. For some unknown reason, we couldn't even be friends anymore. I keep thinking back to that night and hoping to somehow fall asleep in his arms again, but I can't. I knew I would be okay though. I had my future set out right in front of me, and wonderful friends. Everything was going to be alright.

     I hadn't seen Him at school at all. Not much had happened besides a lame school talent show that I only attended to support  Kade's lame ass jokes. The rest of the show was Adele wannabes and dancers.

     And no, I still haven't told my parents about my acceptance into my dream college. I've decided to put it off until I simply can't anymore, or maybe they'll find out by accident. That would be great, I wouldn't have to say anything at all.

     I was doing my homework after school, playing some music in the background to drown out any thoughts of the nameless boy. Out of my seventeen years of living on this Earth, I've never let a guy get into my head like this before. Even my boyfriend from tenth grade didn't affect me like this. He had to move states because his dad got a job transfer. Of course, I was sad for a couple of weeks but I got over it. We both knew a long distance wouldn't work out, and we honestly weren't as in love as I thought. We just got along well and he was there for me when I was down or wanted to go out on a cheesy date. For some reason, this felt different, and the most frustrating part is I don't even know the actual reason. He's a locked up box and he's in no place of giving anyone the key. I just want to go to his cabin, talk it through, and burn down all the bridges he's built up.

     Jamie interrupted my thoughts by knocking on my bedroom door.

     "I'm working on homework," I said loud enough for her to hear. She cracked open the door and peeked her head in.

     "Please, I need your help." She said with sincerity.

     "Fine. What is it?" I said putting my pencil down and turning the music off.

     She came in and sat down on my bed. "There's this guy that I like a lot. He's so attractive and funny, and I think he might like me too."

     "Aww, Jamie! You never tell me about guys, what's his name?"

     "Andrew." She smiled shyly.

     "Okay, well if he likes you and you like him what's the problem?"

     "He kinda has a girlfriend." She said bluntly.

     Of course. Out of all of the hundreds of dudes at our high school, she'd like the one who's already taken.

     "Jamie."

     "I know, I know. I don't know what to do." She sighed.

     "Have you talked to him about it?" I asked.

     "No, but we were like two inches away from kissing one time, but one of her friends was around so we stopped ourselves."

     "Jamie! You can't just almost kiss a guy with a girlfriend, and he shouldn't be leading you on like that in the first place."

     "What do I do?"

     "You might want to think about if you can actually see yourself with this guy. By looking at the facts, he's probably not a very trustworthy guy if he's talking to someone else while he has a girlfriend."

     "But I know him, he's not like that. I think he's scared to hurt her..."

     "He'll end up hurting her even more if you two drag this out and she finds out from someone else. It would be considered cheating in her eyes, and you don't want that label stuck with you for the rest of high school." I warned her.