23: Colorado

(A/n: please don't hate me for taking so long to upload this chapter! I've been doing a lot of procrastinating to save up energy for the school year, or at least that's the way I see it. Hope you enjoy this chapter and my book xx)

Today was the day. I'm actually going to fly to Colorado by myself in search of a mysterious boy that recently exposed his identity to me. Any time a moment of doubt consumed me, I reminded myself that I might be the only one who can help him at this point. If I didn't, who would?

     I packed my purse with basic necessities and put the last of my items into my suitcase. I hadn't exactly explained my little adventure to my parents, and I didn't plan on it. Besides, they can't stop me anyways. I'm an eighteen-year-old high school graduate paying with my own money!

     I texted my friends to meet me at the local coffee shop to see them one last time. There was a chance I could be back within a day or two, but there's also a chance I could be stuck in Colorado all summer.

     I packed up my car and drove off. Thankfully, my parents didn't seem to care that I was leaving the house. I knew they'd find out eventually, but avoiding them until then seemed like the easy way out. Jamie agreed not to say anything, so today I could be worry-free.

     I pulled into the parking lot and smiled after seeing Kade's car. They all cheered as I walked in.

     "Why hello, High school graduate!" Kade shouted.

     "Hello, fellow high school graduate!" I yelled back.

     "Last night was insane! I have a killer headache though." Avery whined.

     "That's what you get for drinking! Drinking is bad." I said like a true mom.

     "Says the girl who made out with him under the influence," Daniela said.

     "Hey shush! I learned my lesson that night. You don't have to tell me twice!"

     "That was an interesting night." Avery sighed looking off into the distance.

     "Anyways, do you y'all think I'll actually succeed in getting this guy back home?" I asked anxiously.

     "Yeah, although the whole situation seems sketchy to me," Kade said.

     "Just be safe. You don't know anyone there. How will the police even let you have information if you're not related to him?" Avery asked.

     "I haven't figured that out yet..." I admitted.

     "Okay- you're officially the crazy one in this group." Kade laughed.

     Daniela punched him playfully in the arm. "I happen to think it's romantic! Going somewhere to see someone is such a personal thing. It would just be awful if she left him there to rot all alone, right?"

     Daniela was starting to drop hints towards Kade, and he wasn't exactly picking up on it.

     "Well, I just think she should plan it out a bit more before dropping everything for a guy."

     "So let's say I went across the country and left you here. How would you like that?" She asked with her eyebrows raised. Her tone took a turn.

     "I'd be sad of course, but I couldn't stop you."

     "Wrong answer." I murmured.

     You'd just let our relationship completely fall apart that easily! You'd let me ride off into the sunset and find some other guy somewhere else?!