30: I'll make it up to you

"Dude, I have no idea what kind of dress to get," I said as we entered the mall.

     "Red. You can't go wrong with red, and it goes so well with your skin tone. Classy and sexy." She smiled.

     "You're right. Where should we go?"

     "I know this really nice place, it's a little pricy though."

     "Let's just go to Macy's. I don't need a prom dress or anything designer."

     "Okay, okay."

     Once we got there, it was overwhelming. Part of me hates shopping because there's just too much to choose from, and then once you finally find something you like, it fits weird or they don't have your size. First world problems, am I right?

    After an hour of searching, I laid eyes on the most beautiful red dress. "That one," I said confidently.

    "Try it on!" Daniela said.

     I went into the dressing and slipped on the dress in one swift motion. When I looked in the mirror, I didn't recognize the girl staring back at me. She was bold, fierce, and ready to slay the day. It fit me like a glove, and I'm not going to lie; I looked hot.

     "Oh my goodness, Daniela. It's perfect. I have to get it."

    "Go check out! I'm gonna look around for a bit."

    I walked over to the cashier and waited in line. I heard arguing behind me.

    "You so stared at her." An angry girl said.

    "No, I didn't. You always think I'm out to get another girl. Why would I do that when I have you?"

    "You were staring at her. You know she was prettier than me. It hurts, okay?"

    "Babe. You're being ridiculous."

     I rolled my eyes and sighed. Couples like this infuriate me. It could go either way, the guy is actually a jerk who checks out other girls, or she's just insecure and tries to find anything to be mad at.

     I'm so glad Darren and I aren't like that. We have our moments, but they're never petty like the argument taking place behind me.

     Once I checked out the dress, I looked for Daniela. I couldn't find her anywhere!

Me: where are you?

Dani: in the food court! I'm in line at chick fil a.

     Of course.

Me: be right there.

     "Hey!"

    "Good thing I left, this line is so long." She said.

    After we got our food, we sat down at a table. "Sooo..." Daniela started, "Do you think tonight is the night?"

    "What do you mean?" I asked in confusion. There was an array of meanings in that simple question.

    "Girl, you two have been dating forever. Going on a trip to Colorado and becoming partners in crime means it's time to make it official in my book." She laughed.

    I laughed along too, "I know, I know. Maybe that's what he's planning, I'm not too sure. You know how he is...very unpredictable."

    "It's exciting though, right?"

    "Definitely. He keeps me on my toes." I smiled.

    "I wish Kade were like that more often. I think he's gotten too comfortable." She frowned.