5: A deal with the devil

A/N: Just wanted to say thank you to whoever is reading this and I hope you have a wonderful morning/afternoon/evening <3 that's all, enjoy the chapter!!!

     I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. Yippie, it's Monday.

     The weekend was a total bore, but I got to catch up on a lot of work. I decided to wear a plain outfit; I didn't want to stand out today. I put on a white v-neck with a grey sweater on top with jeans and some flats. Instead of curling my hair into waves, I straightened it because it doesn't take as long. I put on minimal makeup and went to check if Jamie was ready.

     After I had breakfast, I drove us to school. As I got out of my car, a wave of uneasiness came over me. What if everyone knows I went to that party? I saw Daniela and Kade sitting on a bench. "Hey! Didn't hear much from you this weekend." Kade said. "When are you going to be free again?"

     "Two months." I groaned.

     "What? That's a hella long time, dude!" He said.

     "I know! Maybe I can talk my way out of it."

     "Try it! You could even use me as an excuse if you want." Daniela said.

     "What do you mean?" I asked.

     "Tell them your friend had too many drinks, so you decided to stay with her to make sure she was safe!"

     "But then they would ask why I didn't just drive you home, which leads them to knowing that I drank as well."

     "Oh...right. Maybe not then." She sighed.

     "I'll find a way out of it. If not, there's not much I want to do anyway."

     "Ah-hem? What about hanging out with your friend?" Kade said.

     "I get to see you guys at school!" I smiled.

     "Nope, that's not good enough." Daniela shook her head.

     I got a feeling of being watched once again. Why does this always happen? I looked up at the school to see the nameless boy leaning against the building. He looked at me and made a small smile.

     "Guys, look," I said nodding my head in his direction. "That's the guy I was telling you about. The one I met in the woods behind my house."

     They turned around to see him as I looked down at my bag to check my phone. I heard the sound of a message notification.

     "There's no one there, Bella," Daniela said.

     I shot my head up to find out she was right. He wasn't there anymore. I looked around the area, but he was nowhere in sight. "But, but he was just there! That's impossible. He couldn't walk away that fast."

     "Maybe he went inside," Kade said. "That's what people do when they get to school; they walk in."

     "But I literally looked away for three seconds. There's no way." I said.

     "Are you okay?" Daniela said getting up from the bench and feeling my forehead.

     "I'm perfectly fine." I shoved her arm away. "I'm not lying. There's something up with that guy."

     "What do you mean?" Kade chuckled. "I'm sure he's totally chill."

     "No, you guys don't know. I've talked to him a lot. I began going to the woods when I wanted to get away, and every single time I've gone he's there just sitting at the tracks! He's so mysterious. I can't figure him out." I confessed.