7: Prom?

I ran out the backyard fence and dashed through the forest making my way to the railroad tracks. It was about an hour until I would have to leave for school, so I decided to see if the nameless boy was at his usual spot. I'd only ever gone after school and on the weekend, so I'm not sure if he would be there. I would check the cabin, but if he were sleeping there I wouldn't want to wake him.

     I finally arrived to find no one. A feeling of disappointment filled within me as I started walking back towards my house.

     "Why do you always go out there?" Jamie asked as I walked into my room.

     "How did you know I was out?"

     "I could see you outside my window a minute ago. I just woke up." She explained.

     "I like going out to those woods. It's peaceful." I said casually.

     "Hipster freak."

     "Was that suppose to offend me or something?"

     She glared at me and walked away from the doorway. I got dressed for school and grabbed my backpack. Today would be the day I attempted to ask the nameless boy to prom.

     I was surprisingly super excited. 

     The lunch bell rang. I hadn't seen him around school all morning, and it was making me quite frustrated. I wonder if he has a cell phone. If so, what would it take to get his number?

     "Arabella," Daniela said with wide eyes.

     "Yeah?"

     "Kade still hasn't asked me out to prom."

     "But you two have talked about it, and you're a couple already so naturally, you're going together."

     "Yeah, but he still should ask me properly, you know?"

     "I don't know, Kade doesn't seem like the type to go all out." I laughed.

     "But he should! Especially for his girlfriend." She frowned.

     "Don't be so dramatic, Dani," I said playfully pushing her arm.

     "It's a big deal to me!"

     "I'm sure he's just planning it out or something."

     "He better be. So are you and Reed going together?" She winked.

     "No, thank goodness. I'm thinking about asking that guy."

     "The one who doesn't want a name?"

     "Yeah."

     "Man, you're into some weird dudes. You could be going with Reed but instead, you choose the most obscure person in the entire school, and he's not even in our grade!"

     "So? Don't be so judgmental." I snapped back.

     "I'm not! I just don't get how you would choose him as a date over Reed."

     "Simple. Reed is Reed."

     "Whatever. Oh, Kade's walking over here. Please don't mention the whole prom thing." She said nervously.

     "Hey! How's my favorite girl in the whole wide world?" Kade said hugging Daniela before sitting beside her.

     "I'm okay." She smiled. "Is there anything you wanted to ask me?" She batted her lashes.

     "Oh yeah! I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight to help me with some homework. You're way better at math than me, baby." He smiled.