It has been some time, hasn't it?

It was like time stood still. Like the universerve just decided to stop the flow of it. You just stood in your door, looking at your past lover, who held an injured man in his arms, asking you for help. It has been years since you last saw him. He changed a lot over the time.

His hair was still white and short, but he had a long braid, laying over his left shoulder. His right eye was covered by a card looking eyepatch while his left eye had a vertical scar over it. He also got a bit taller.

Your gaze shifted from Nikolai to the person he held in his arms. He seemed to be tall as well, with chin long, black hair, a few strands in his face. He wore a white overall, those who prisoners wore. But what had drawn your attention the most was the large stab wound in his stomach, blood still running out of it, staining his and Nikolai's clothes.

"Help you...?", You asked a bit confused at first, but then you realised what he meant.

You stepped out of the way, making way for him to come in. "Bring him in", you say in a stern tone, even though you weren't really mentally prepared for a patient with such a heavy injury. Nikolai came in, careful with the man he held. You motioned him to follow you, leading him down the stairs in the basement.

He followed you down more slowly. As you reached the end of the stairs, you walked to a room where your equipment was. You motioned Nikolai to lay the man down on the hospital bed in the room. He did and took a step back, looking at you, as you put on your doctor coat and a pair of gloves.

"Leave", you ordered the white haired man, approaching your, now, new patient. He nodded and left the room, closing the door behind him. You let out a sigh, looking at the injured man in front of you. Not only was he stabbed, he also seemed to miss one hand and had burn wounds, mainly on the right side of his body.

"That's going to take a while", you say, getting to work.

You worked into the late night, treating his wounds, stitching him up, wrapping him up in bandages. You also changed him into other, clean clothes. You noticed that, besides from his critical state, he hadn't the best health. HIs body was unusual slim and pale and the bags under his eyes indicated that he didn't sleep a lot. 

As you were done it was already 3.46 a.m. You sighed in relief. He was stable so far and you... were completly exhausted. This was the longest treatment you had to do in a long time. And then you had to do it at such a time. The man was still unconscious but he would probably make it.

You took off your doctor coat and your blood stained gloves. You hunged up the coat on a hook and threw away the gloves. You left the room after you checked that everything was properly plugged in. You went up the stairs to see Nikolai sitting at the kitchen counter, staring down on his hands.

He looked up at you as you entered the kitchen. You sat down beside him, pursing your lips. 'This is going to be awkward' you thought, while looking anywhere but at him, scratching the back of your head uncomfortably.

"How is he?", he asked, seemingly uncomfortable as well.

"He is stable. He's going to make it", you answer with a slight husky voice.

After that short interaction an awkward silence fell between you two. Until he decided to speak up again.

"It has been some time, hasn't it?"

Some time? It has been years since you last have heard from him, let alone saw him. Even though you expected your relationship to end, you asked yourself what could have been if you stayed in ukraine. What could have been if your relationship remained. All these long, sleepless nights you thought about him. Thinking about all the diffrent scenarious.

And here he was, after years, bringing a heavily injured man with him who seemingly was a criminal due to his clothing and said that.

Even though you were a bit annoyed at him and his behaviour, you stayed calm. HE was always like that, thoughtless. That's how you knew him. 

You just nodded as an answer, staying quiet.

"So... how have you been? You got quiet famous in the underworld", he mentioned.

"I guess... I've been fine...", you say hesitantly, looking out the window in the dark night.

"That's... good to hear...", he sighed.

You sighed as well, just noticing how tired you actually are. You stood up, making your way to the stairs.

"If you want to stay here, the guest room is upstairs, the third, left. Don't make too much noise please."

With that you went upstairs, approaching the door to your room. You entered, closing the door behind you and leaning your back against it. You slid down on the floor, pressing your forehead against your knees, exhaling.

"What was that?", you whispered to yourself, closing your eyes.

Not only have you had to treat a heavily injured, burned man for almost the whole night, also your past lover was the one carrying that man in front of your door, asking you for help after years from not contacting each other.

You stood up from the floor, making your way to your bed. You undressed out of your sweater and pants, letting yourself fall onto your bed, covering yourself with the blanket.

You were so tired, you fell asleep almost instantly.

Meanwhile, Nikolai still sat in your kitchen, back leaned against the kitchen counter, his elbows layed on the surface, supporting his weight. His head was thrown back in his neck and his tophat layed on the kitchen counter beside him.

"Well", he whispered to himself. "What a reunion..."

____________________________________________________________

WHOA second chapter!

Like i said: surprisingly motivated.

Pinterest Link for picture: https://pin.it/3kvfM9l