Don't toy with me

The next morning you went to the orphanage. It was raining heavily so you were drenched in water as you rang the bell of the farm house. From the inside you heard the barking of multiple dogs and yelling of children. Soon the door opened, revealing a surprised looking Christa.

"(Y/N), du bist es. Warum bist du hergekommen?" ("(Y/N), it's you. Why did you come here?")

You smiled at the blond girl who stood in thr doorframe. She wore a long, white nightgown and her hair was unkempt. Since it was early in the morning, you assumed she just woke up.

"Entschuldigung für die frühe Störung, aber könnte ich bitte mit Sasha sprechen?", you asked politely. ("Sorry for the early disturbance, but could I please talk to Sasha?")

"Natürlich, komm rein." ("Of course, come in.")

Christa opened the door further, stepping aside with an inviting hand gesture. You stepped in, thanking her. As you entered the house you were greeted by a bunch of dogs, including the border collie from last time. They sniffed at your feet, barking, licking your hands. Christa quickly shooed them away before leading you upstairs.

The farm house had multiple floors so you had to walk up many stairs. After a while you finally stopped in front of a door. It was in the highest floor which reminded you of some kind of attic. Everything was a bit dusty and the smell of hay and straw filled your nostrils. Christa gently knocked on the door. We waited until we heard a soft 'Come in' from inside the door.

Christa carefully opened the wooden door, revealing a small, tidy room. It was mostly out of wood. You saw Sasha sitting on the bed in the room. It was a rather small bed. Across from it stood another one. Both had the same brown woolblanket and the same white sheets. In the other bed, cuddled up into the blanket was Mason, peacefully sleeping, his short sandblond hair was sprawled all over the pillow.

Sasha on the other hand was awake, sitting in her bed, back against the wall and her knees pressed to her chest. She looked up as we entered the room. Her eyes showed surprise as she saw you.

"You have a visitor, Sasha", Christa said in gentle voice, giving Sasha a soft pat on the head before leaving you alone with the two siblings, closing the door behind herself.

The girl with the darkblond hair looked at you curiously yet tired. She looked like she didn't get much sleep or rather no sleep at all. You sometimes looked similar when you couldn't sleep the whole night. You slowly sat down on the edge of her bed.

"Good morning, sorry for disturbing you so early, but I'd like to ask you for a favor."

You pulled out the keys of your coat pocket and opened your front door, holding it open while motioning Sasha to go first. It was almost afternoon by the time you and Sasha got to your house. It wasn't planned to stay so long, but you couldn't deny Mason's request to stay for breakfast. It didn't take long for Sasha to agree on restoring Fyodor's arm. Even though you told her what condition it was currently in.

This lead to her telling you about her past a bit. She told you why she was in the orphanage. Sasha and Mason were born in the US and moved to germany when they were around seven and six. That also explained why they mostly spoke english. Shortly after moving to this country, their father died from a heart attack. And as if that wasn't already horrible and shocking enough, their mother fell into a severe depression after her husband's death and couldn't take care of her children anymore.