What is going on?

The following time was confusing to say the least. Everything was like before the incident. You talked to each other, sat together at breakfast, lunch and dinner and went to bed at the same time. It was like we were roommates or something. Making food together was also something you now did. Since Fyodor had his arm back, he could help as well.

At the moment you sat alone in the living room, reading a book from your library. You had put on some music for background noises. You always listened to music when you read. Not only when you read, but every time you had the chance to. Music made your mood more balanced and you got calmer in general.

The kind of music didn't matter either. It depended on the occasion, really. When you read, you liked to hear classical pieces of music. When you did chores like washing the dishes or doing the laundry you liked to hear more popular music like Pop or Rap. When you made art it depended on the artwork you were making, but usually it was something like Rock or Metal. All in all you were open to every kind of music.

As you finished your book, one you already read multiple times, you leaned back on the couch and listened for a moment. The song, that was playing, was a christmas song. You listened to it for a while and looked around your living room. It was already december and you house was still undecorated and had an empty feeling to it. Normally the lack of decoration wouldn't bother you. You usually had better things to do. But around christmas time you felt like your living room was too empty, like something was missing.

With a sigh you stood up and went upstairs. You went passed your music room, hearing an instrument being played inside. If you weren't mistaken it was a cello. For a moment you wondered when Nikolai learned to play cello, but then you remembered that Nikolai was outside, getting groceries. Even though you told him that you could do that yourself, he insisted for some reason, unknown to you.

So the cello player inside your usic room must been Fyodor. You stood there, listening for a moment. He was really good, he must have played the instrument for a long time. Or he was just really talented. Soon you began to walk again, heading further upstairs, making your way to your attic.

You opened the wooden door, which made an eerie creaking sound. You moved your hand to the wall to your left, looking for the light switch. You found it and the room got flooded in a dim, yellow light. Stepping into the attic, you were greeted by the scent of dust and old, muffy wood. Over all on the walls were cartons and boxes stacked over each other. You maneuvered through the the boxes and chests, looking for your christmas decoration.

Eventually you found it, a whole box of decorations for walls, window sills, windows, shelfs and for a christmas tree. Even though you didn't have one yet, you took it downstairs as well. You carried the box out of the attic, down the stairs, and into the living room. You placed it on the parlor table and opened it.

The windows were the first to be decorated. You hung up little angels in front of your window as well as some stars. Then you placed some reindeer decorations on your window sills. You had put on some christmas music, which now played in the background, making the whole mood of the room festive and solemn.

It was really a relieve from all the stress the last few days. Although you settled things with Nikolai and Fyodor, your problems with your depressional outbrusts and your constant exhaustion had stayed and was still bothering you. On top of that you also began to have nightmares. It weren't many nightmares but it was still uncommon for your usual life. Normally you wouldn't dream at all. Or at least you couldn't remember them.

But lately you experienced some unsetteling nightmares. There where nights you didn't even want to sleep because you were afraid of having a bad dream again. Which just made you even more exhausted. These nightmares were all simliar to each other. They had some things in common. In every one you were in your house. In every one you were all by yourself. But you weren't alone. You could sense that someone or something was inside with you, watching your every move, it's eyes always on you.