Supera tempum

As you gained your consciousness back, a comfotable, warm atmosphere is surrounding you. Without opening your eyes you could feel that you were laying on something soft, probably a couch, with your head on somebody's lap. Some delicate fingers were gently brushing through your hair, petting your head and crawling your scalp from time to time. The pleasant scent of burning wood invaded your nostrils, making you exhale contently and you could perceive quiet crackeling of a fireplace.

You didn't want to open your eyes just yet. It has been a long time since you last were so relaxed and calm. The refreshing feeling of calmness and laziness was all you had ever desired. Being surrounded by people you value and cherish, your head resting in the lap of someone who cares about you and having them caressing your head lovingly.

With a last deep breath, you finally lifted your eye lids, your were met with the bright, orange light of the previously mentioned fireplace. Your cheek was pressed against the thigh of a woman, the same woman who was running her hands through your hair. Yawning, you turned around onto your back to look at the person, gently caressing your head.

You couldn't quite make out her face but for some reason it seemed familiar to you. She looked at you with admireration and a bit of sadness. Yet you couldn't quite understand why she would be sad. To you this moment was equated with a moment in paradise. It was warm, it was comfortable, why would she be sad or regretful? There was no reason to be? Or was there?

Letting out another content sigh, you looked around the room, you saw a man sitting in an armchair across from the couch you were laying on. His gaze was thoughtful and shifted towards the burning fireplace. You could notice that even though you could not make out his face as well. Just like the face of the woman, his was hidden from your understanding. This didn't bother you however. You didn't really oay a mind to that strange fact.

As you looked further around the room, you noticed how big everything seemed. Like you were a child again. The place you were in seemed to be some kind of living area. It was already dark outside as you could see through the window. It was silent except the silent crackeling of the fireplace. Your body was in a lazy and peaceful stayed, a warm spreading through your body, starting in your heart and making it's way into your torso and collarbone and at last reached your limbs and head.

Stretching your arms and legs, you closed your eyes again, a satisfied smile forming on your lips. The woman still ran her slim fingers through your locks, ruffling them slightly while letting out a small, soft chuckle. As you settled on her lap again, nuzzling the bac of your head a bit further against her thighs, she began to quietly hum a song to you. Her voice was light and high, sounding almost angelic.

"Memories bring no joy or peace."

The words of this song sounded strangely familiar to you even though you could've sworn that you never heard them in your entire life before. It was almost eerie how it seemed like you knew this place for a very long while yet at the same time you couldn't remember this place, not even where this place was exactly.

"We are alone....and all we need."

The song this woman was singing almost sounded like a lullaby but somehow you knew it wasn't such kind of song. It was a different song with a different purpose and different meaning. Did you knew this woman? Did you knew the man across from you? You couldn't remember every meeting them yet they seemed to know you and you felt comfortable in their presence. Maybe they were someone you knew after all.

Now that you thought about it, you couldn't remember anything at all. Who you were, how old you were or where you were. All you knew that you felt well and that you were safe. You felt how you slowly began to feel sleepy. Maybe the song the woman sang was a lullaby after all. The man in the armchair seemed to be smoking a pipe as the scent of the smoke drifted over to you and filled the air around you. Not like this was bothering you, on the contrary even.