Champagne and tiger lillies

The little fashion show Nikolai had yesterday really wasn't all that small at the end. It lasted for at least 5 hours. Nikolai wanted to try on so many diffrent clothes and after he got bored of it, he picked up clothes for you and made you try them out. After that you were really exhausted. Five hours of putting on clothes and taking them off again really gnawed on your energy.

However you couldn't deny that it indeed was fun to see Nikolai and yourself and so many diffrent outfits. Like him putting on a dark blue checkered skirt and mimicking the voice of a teenage girl. Or you dressing up like a biker with a black leather jacket. 

It reminded you of your childhood as well. Sneaking in the bedrrom of your parents and ransacking through your mother's closet and trying out all the clothes even though they were slightly too big for your child body.

Another thing you enjoyed doing in your childhood was art. Any form of it, drawing, painting, crafting, anything really. 

That's why, right now, you were in your art room, standing in front of a canvas, painting with acrylics. Nikolai most likely was still sleeping. That meant you wouldn't be disturbed.

You dipped the brush into the orange paint and continued to work on the tiger lily you were painting. You ran the brush over the canvas, making precise movements with your wrist. Some classiccal music played quietly in the background, giving you a feeling of peace and security.

Suddenly you heard soft steps approaching the art room, coming to a halt in the door frame. You didn't need to turn around to know who it was. You did it anyways out of politeness and looked at Nikolai.

He seemed to just woken up, his white hair messier than usual and his eyes still half lidded due to sleepyness. In your opinion, he looked adorable like this, almost like a sleepy puppy.

"Good morning Nikolai. Have you slept good?"

He nodded while letting out a yawn and coming over to you. He looked over your shoulder  at the canvas you were drawing on. He tilted his head slightly sideways and then grinned.

"That looks pretty good, birdie. You really have a talent for that. You should have become an artist instead of a doctor", he said nudging me in the side.

You just rolled your eyes in a playful manner. "You know my parents would have never approved of that."

He smirks. "And you let that stop you? You let your parents decide your life choices?", he mocks.

Now you are the one nudging Nikolai in the side. "It's not like that. You see, even though I like creating art, I wouldn't want to do it for a living."

He just shrugged. "Suit yourself then."

Scoffing in an amused tone, you turn back to your painting. You began painting again, while Nikolai watched you for a moment. After a while he spoke up again.

"I know that painting. You made it before when you were younger."

'He remembers that? I mean, he's right. I'm repainting a painting from my childhood. But I painted so much when I was younger. How does he remember that specific one?"', you wondered.

"You remember that?", you asked, looking at him from the corner of your eye.

He grinned at you, closing his eyes. "Of course I remember! I remember all your paintings!"

You were speechless as he said that. Youdon't really know why, but Nikolai revealing that he remembers all of your paintings, made your heart beat faster. It probably wasn't his intention, but his words caused a tickling feeling in your stomach.

You quickly tried shove the feeling away, tried to ignore it. If you now catch feelings for him again, you'll never move on. You can't fall for him again.

But then again, this whole painting was created for him in the first place. Back then you got the inspiration for this painting, because of Nikolai who came over for the night and sneaked a bottle champagne with him. He hid it in a bouquet of tiger lillies. To this day you still wondered how he managed to do that without anyone noticing that hidden under thr big orange flowers was a bottle of alcohol.

On the other hand, Nikolai always was kind of a magician.

And inspired by his little trick, you painted a champagne bottle surrounded by orange tiger lillies. And that was the painting you were redoing right now.

Suddenly you felt Nikolai putting his chin on your shoulder.

"Are you okay, Birdie? Did I make you speechless~?"

You flinched together, turning your head to him. Your faces were so close now, you could feel his warm breath on yours. You looked into his blue and green eyes. He took his card looking eyepatch off, so you could see his heterochromia.

"W-what? N-no, I was just lost in thoughts...", you stuttered, feeling how your face heated up due to how close he is. 

He just chuckled and moved back, stretching his limbs while yawning. Then he turned around and moved to exit the art room. In the door frame he turned his head again and looked back to you.

"Is there anything specific you want for breakfast?", he asked, tilting his head.

"Oh no, you don't need to make breakfast. If you're hungry, I can-"

He interrupted you. "Oh but I insist. Don't worry, I won't light the kitchen on fire. So, what do you want?"

You hesitated for a moment, thinking about what you even had there. Then you finally answered: "Can you make some bacon and fried egg?"

That was not the breakfast you'd usually had, but something else once in a while wouldn't hurt.

He winked at you, giving you a thumbs up. "Already done, ma'am~ I'm gonna call you when it's ready."

With that he left the art room, leaving you shaking your head in amusement. Nikolai really was something else, just like he was back then. Even though you wanted to move on, memories of your past with him still brought you joy. Joy as well as pain.

But as soon as Fyodor is recovered, both of them are going to leave and your life will be just as it was before. Right?

____________________________________________________________

Right? I'm sure this reunion with Nikolai won't affect the reader's life in anyway. *cough cough*

Pinterest Link: https://pin.it/5n3x5PW