MIXUP

The next day, I arrived back at the JYPE building around 9:30. I was a little early but I was so nervous.

Dongyeon greeted me in the lobby. "Are you nervous?" He laughed.

"Just a little." I fixed my clothes and sat down.

"I can tell, you got here early." He was sitting a few chairs down from me with Taehyun.

"You're y/n, right?" He asked.

"You must be Taehyun." I shook his hand. "It's nice to meet you." I bowed.

"I heard you wrote all of those songs you used at your audition. You're brilliant."

"Thank you. I've been doing it for years." I looked down and back up. "It's always been a dream."

"You should be the leader of the group. Your skills could help out." Dongyeon agreed.

"Well we have 5 members. Let's see what Gigi and Jena think." Time passed slowly as we waited.

"Right this way." A lady approached us and walked us down the hall. "Just take a seat in here. JYP will be here soon." We all took out seats and waited.

The door opened as JYP walked in. "Today we will decide on a group name, leader, and fandom name." We all nodded but stayed silent. "So, any ideas?"

We all looked around at eachother. "Well we are a mix of boys and girls." Gigi brought up.

"How about MIXUP?" Jena mentioned. We all nodded at eachother in agreement. We all liked the name.

"How about a fandom name?" He kept his head down, writing on a piece of paper.

We all pondered on a name. "What about MXP?" I mentioned. They all seemed confused. "It's MIXUP, but remove U and I." Their eyebrows raised. "It's something we can use because you know, you and I." They seemed to get it.

"I actually like that." Dongyeon agreed.

"Okay and a leader?" He looked up.

"Well, we haven't discussed anything." I brought up.

"We want y/n to be our leader." Taehyun piped up. "They write all of their own songs."

"I think y/n's perfect to be the leader!" Gigi piped up.

"Y/n would make a great leader!" Jena agreed.

"Alright so y/n is the leader?" Everyone nodded. All of this felt surreal. Could I really be a leader?

"You will be working on a debut song for today. We'll work on choreography next week." He got his papers together. "Come with me."

As we followed him back there were so many idols in every room. I knew I was an idol too, but I almost felt like a kid.

"Right in here. These are your managers and they will be assisting you." He smiled and shut the door. "Good luck."

"Hello." I bowed to everyone. We all sat down at a table. It was very overwhelming having to learn the ropes of how this all worked.

"Any ideas for a song?" Taehyun looked at me.

"Uhm, I'm not sure." I held the pen.

"I think we should have our own style." Gigi said. "Like break the stereotypes."

"I'm thinking more on the rock and pop side." Jena piped up.

"I like that idea." Dongyeon agreed.

"Okay, well any lyric ideas?" I chuckled.

As we sat there for hours coming up with a debut song it was finally done. "Break the Stereotypes" was the title.

"Are you all ready to record?" Our manager asked as we all nodded.

We sat back and listened to some music that each of us had put together to get the perfect beat. As soon as we found it, we divided up the lines and recorded.

"I really liked the song." Dongyeon sat back in his chair.

"It's so much work. Imagine making an album." I mentioned as I wrote down some ideas for a music video.

"That's going to suck. It took us all day to write one song." Taehyun whined.

"Are you always this whiney?" Jena piped up.

"I'm not whiney." He pouted. I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Alright, we got to be back here tomorrow for editing. Everyone go home and get some rest." I stretched in my chair.

"What about you? Aren't you going home?" Dongyeon asked.

"I will in a second. I'm finishing up some ideas." I finished everything and packed my bags.

On my way out I bumped into someone, spilling my drink on their shoes. "Oh my, I am so sorry!" I bent down. "I don't have any napkins though."

"Don't worry about it!" He smiled. "I'm sure I'll get them clean." As I walked away he stopped me. "I haven't seen you before."

"Let me introduce myself. I'm y/n from MIXUP." I bowed.

"I don't think I've heard of that." He chuckled.

"The group was just formed yesterday." I laughed, nervously.

"I'm Han Jisung from Stray kids." He bowed. "It's nice to meet you."

"I don't think I've heard of Stray Kids either." I laughed. "I don't know much about music groups."

"I get that. If you ever need anything, let me know." He smiled, walking away.

As I got outside, my mom was waiting for me. "How'd it go?"

"We got the song recorded." I smiled. "Also, I'm going to start driving. We have a busy schedule."

"Alright, just be careful. You know how I feel about you driving." She clinched her hands around the steering wheel.

"I know, but I have to do this. Dad would be very proud of me." The tears rolled down her face.

My dad had died in a car accident when I was younger and ever since my mom has vowed to not let me drive.