The First Encounter

It had been a week filled with practicing, editing, and writing. Being an idol was not easy.

I arrived at the company and guided myself to one of the rooms, flipping the lights on and laying my bags down on the chair.

I was greeted by a manager who had brought breakfast. "Y/n would you care for some breakfast?" He handed it to me.

"Thank you so much." I gently grabbed the container.

A few minutes had passed and Gigi was the first to show up. "Hi hi!" She laid her bag down. "Working on something?" She rested her chin on my shoulder.

"Mhm." I was focused. "Another song. Want to help?" I smiled.

"Of course!" We sat down together as Taehyun walked through the door.

"Ugh! It's so hot out there!" He flopped down.

"You're being dramatic. It's not that bad." I laughed.

"What's that?" He hovered over my breakfast.

"The manager brought breakfast. Yours is in the bag. Yours too, Gigi." I wrote some more.

"Hey guys." Jena walked in. She was calm and collected. The most mature in the group.

"There's breakfast on the table, Jena." I mentioned.

"Sorry I'm late." Dongyeon was the last to arrive. "Technically, I was here 10 minutes ago, but the manager stopped me."

"What'd he say?" Gigi asked.

"We have an event tonight." My eyes widened.

"Tonight?" I yelled. "Like a performance?"

"Yeah, all JYP idols will be there. It's to promote our new song and group."

"We've only been a group for a week." I was frustrated. "We just learned our choreography."

"That's so unfair." Taehyun piped up.

"Everyone in the practice room." I demanded as we all walked down the hall.

We spent hours practicing and preparing. "Hyung, I just can't get this movement right." Gigi said.

"Let me help." I walked over to her to give her some extra help. "Tae, you alright?"

"This footwork is killing me." He whined.

"I got you." As I helped. "Jena, how's it coming?"

"I think I got it." She smiled.

"What about you, Dongyeon?" I walked over to him.

"I'm doing fine. It's just, I don't think my vocals are good enough."

"They obviously are. I mean you got picked out of 15 people." I smiled. "Don't be too hard on yourself." I migrated to the middle of the room. "Alright, one more time."

After another hour, we had finally perfected it. "Good job guys!" I clapped.

"Hyung!" Gigi yelled.

"Hmm?"

"There's someone at the door for you." I walked over to her.

"Thank you, Gigi." I patted her head. "Hi! You said your name was Han Jisung, right?"

"Yeah, but you can call me Jisung." He smiled. "I watched you guys practice. You're really good!"

"Thank you so much. We have an event tonight." I mentioned.

"I heard about that. I'll be there as well to watch your performance." He smiled. "Also, who answered the door? She is definitely something else." He laughed.