Going on Hiatus

I finally managed to wall back inside when I saw Taehyun waiting by the door for me. He hugged me the moment I walked in. "I'm so sorry."

I patted his back. "It's okay." I smiled as I let go. "It's not your fault."

"I saw the way Dongyeon looked at you. I think deep down I knew. I just didn't know for sure." Tears swelled in his eyes.

"That's not your fault. I don't blame you for any of this." I reassured him. "Let's go back to the studio." I walked with him.

When we got back to the room, everyone was staring at the door. Dongyeon was silent as he looked at me. Jisung pulled me to the side, apologizing. "I'm very sorry for all of this."

"Dongyeon." I called out.

Felix cut me off. "Maybe we should step out."

"No, that's okay." I continued. "I don't know why you thought it was okay to lash out the way you did, but either way, I am not angry."

"I just." I cut him off.

"I don't need an apology from you. Everyone in this room heard and saw what you did. From now on, you are only going to talk to me about work related issues. We no longer have any personal relationship." I walked out, shutting the door gently. I sat in the hallway. I didn't want to go back inside.

A few moments later, Changbin walked out, sitting next to me. "I know you're upset and I get that. Being a new group is not easy. At first, you may not like each other, but over time, they grow on you." He mentioned. "I'm not saying you'll ever forgive him for what he did, but at some point it won't mean as much to you."

"What happened today will always mean that much to me. I'll never learn to forget. I'll never grow out of it." I sighed. "Maybe I shouldn't be an idol at all."

"You're extremely talented. Whether you stay with your group or go solo, you deserve to be an idol." He smiled.

"I think it's best if I take a hiatus." A tear rolled down my cheek. "I don't think I can continue to work like nothing happened. I need time."

"It's okay." He hugged me. "We all need time. Go on hiatus. Everything will still be here when you get back." I stood up from the floor, walking along the hallways until I reached management.

After discussing the situation, my contract had been put on hold. I was no longer allowed to attend further events until stated otherwise.

As I walked out the door of the building, I ran back inside, hugging my members one last time. "I'm so sorry." I cried into Taehyun's shoulder.

"It's okay, Hyung." He rubbed my back. "We'll wait for you."

"We're all going to be okay." Gigi hugged me.

"Take care of yourself and come back safely." Jena smiled, hugging me tightly. "If you need anything, I'll come visit you." I nodded as I packed my stuff.

"I'll come back. I'm not going anywhere." I smiled, looking back at them. "You're all family."

I walked out of the door only to find Chan waiting for me by my car. "I'm so sorry you feel the need to go on hiatus this early."

"I just need some time. It's not permanent." I smiled.

"You deserve to be an idol." He hugged me. "Return safely."

"I'll come back." I pulled away. "How could I stay away from them for too long?" I began to cry. "They are the only reason I am here." He wiped my tears.

"I'm sure that they will miss you for the time being and when you return, they will be happy to see you." He smiled.

"Thank you." I hugged him suddenly. "For everything. I'm sorry about this."

"I'll be here when you get back." He giggled. "And we still have that dinner date coming up if you still want to go."

"Of course, I want to go." I laughed, wiping my tears. "I wouldn't miss it." I got into the car, rolling my window down.

"Call me if you need anything, I will always come to you." He smiled as I nodded, pulling out of the parking lot.

As I got further down the road, I couldn't help but to sob. I felt like I was giving up too early, but I don't think I could work there anymore. Although I was going on hiatus, a part of me didn't want to come back.