Officially an idol

I got there early again. I wanted to make a good impression since I'm the leader. Now that we are an official group, things have changed.

We promote more, we are scheduled for group lives, there is so much to being an idol. Was it really worth it?

It's only the second week and I already feel exhausted and overworked. I had been working nonstop.

I walked into our usual room, greeting other idols as they passed by. I flipped the lights on and began working.

"Hi Tae." I looked up as I saw the door opening.

"How'd you know it was me?" He questioned.

"You walk loud and you're always groaning." I laughed.

"I'm just so tired today." He laid on the couch. "Also, I'm not much of a song writer, but I put some beats together last night."

"Oh, really? Let me see." I never took my eyes off of my laptop.

"What are you working on?" He looked.

"Our album concept." I sighed. "I'm thinking dark colors? I don't know."

"Instead of worrying about album concepts. Why don't we write some songs first." He laughed.

"Alright, let's hear it." I turned around in my chair.

Me and Taehyun picked multiple beats from his computer to put in our album.

"Hyung-ah!" Gigi yelled as she opened the door. "I heard that Bang Chan is thinking about collaborating with us." She giggled.

"Really?" My eyes widened. "Who'd you hear that from?"

"I overheard him talking about it. They're in the next room!" She squealed.

"Shhh!" I put my hand over her mouth. "Gigi, breathe." I laughed.

"I'm sorry, Hyung. I'm just so excited." She laughed.

"Who's yelling in here?" Jena walked in, laying her bag down.

"That would be Gigi." I chuckled.

"Y/n someone's looking for you." She mentioned.

"Who?" I pondered.

"Chan. He said he wants to talk to you." Jena sat next to Gigi, throwing her arm around her.

"I'll be right back. Make sure to tell Dongyeon." I pushed my chair in and stepped out into the hallway. I knocked on the next door over. Felix opened the door. "I'm so sorry, but I heard Chan needed to see me?"

"You're y/n, right?" I nodded. "Come in." I walked through the door as Chan stepped to the side.

"I know this is abrupt, but I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a collab with us?" He mentioned.

"We'd love to, but we're currently busy with our first album. I'm not sure if I have any space in my schedule." I apologized.

"That's fine. We will accommodate to your schedule. The collab will not collide with your album." He smiled.

"Alright, then that works!"

"Can you print me a copy of your schedule?" He asked.

"Yeah, I can." I nodded, handing him a copy that I already had. "I make tons of copies because Gigi always loses hers." I laughed.

"I'll work something out. Thank you so much." I bowed and left the room.

I went back to the group, my heart was pounding. "What'd he want?" Taehyun asked.

"He wants to collaborate with us." I smiled as Gigi screamed.

"Hyung, I'm so excited!" She hugged me.

"Why do they want to collaborate with us?" Taehyun spoke up. "We're not even a big group."

"I'm not sure. He did say he liked our music style." I mentioned.

"I agree with Tae. We barely have a fandom as it is." Jena agreed. "It seems odd."

"Either way, this helps us. Stray Kids is a huge group."

We all sat down and continued to work on an album. Time had passed and it was getting late. Gigi had fell asleep on Jena's shoulder. Taehyun was passed out on the couch. Me and Dongyeon were slouched in our chairs trying to keep our eyes open.

"We should head home." Dongyeon piped up.

"You guys go ahead. I'm going to work some more." I yawned and stretched.

"Don't work yourself too much." He laughed.

"Gigi, let's go home." Jena tapped on her. "Goodnight, y/n." I waved.

"Taehyun, come on." Dongyeon flicked him.

"Man, I was sleeping so good." He groaned. "See you tomorrow, y/n." I smiled.

"Bye guys!" I continued to work.

The time had passed some more, but I still didn't feel satisfied with my work. I sighed in frustration. I heard a knock on the door and then it opened.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt." Chan apologized.

"It's alright." I laughed.

"Where's the rest of them?"

"I told them to go home and rest." I smiled.

"What about you? Aren't you going to rest?" He giggled.

"I'll go home soon, I'm working on something." I looked back at the screen.

"I hate to be nosy but what are you working on?" He sat next to me.

"New songs so we can record tomorrow." My eyes never left the screen.

"Can I help?" I looked over at him.

"If you want to." I nodded.

He listened to everything we had put together. "You don't even need my help." He laughed. "You should go home and rest, these are great."

"Do you think so?" I tapped the desk. "I feel like they're not good enough."

"It'll never be good enough in your eyes, but from an outside perspective, these are great." He smiled. "I wouldn't lie to you because I wouldn't want to see you fail."

For a second, I was too nervous to respond. That smile and those sincere words. I quickly snapped out of it. "I should get going. It's late." I grabbed my things.

"Here's the schedule." He handed me a paper. "Nothing overlaps your original schedule."

"Thank you so much." I bowed and waved.