Friends For Now

The next day, I avoided Chan as much as I could. It's not like he did anything to make me feel this way, it's just that Dongyeon is probably right. I barely met them not long ago. I know they are just being nice, but was I being too friendly?

I walked into the studio, Dongyeon was the only one there. "Hey, can we talk?" I asked.

"About what?" He rolled his eyes. "You want to apologize now?"

"Look, there's no need for you to be rude about it. I just want to talk." I scoffed.

"Fine. What is it?" He turned to look at me.

"The things you said yesterday, you may be right." I sat down next to him. "Am I being too friendly? I just really want to fit in at this place, but I feel like I don't."

"It's okay to be civil to people, but we barely know them personally. I think we should avoid any unrelated work activities for now." He began to rub my back.

"I'm sorry for yelling yesterday." I bowed. "I know I'm your hyung, but I'm still apologizing." I smiled.

As I got up to return to my chair to work some more, Gigi came through the door. "Hyung-ah!" She yelled. "Bang Chan wants to see you." I sat up.

"What for?"

"He said it's important." She shrugged sitting next to Dongyeon.

I got up from my seat and walked out the door. He was waiting for me next to the door, leaning up against the wall. "Gigi said you wanted to see me."

"I haven't heard from you all night and day so I just wanted to make sure everything was okay. Do you need anything?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"I've just been very busy." I lied. "Being an idol's not easy, you know?"

"I know, but Jisung said you hadn't talk to him either. Which is strange because of how close you two are."

"We're not that close, Chan." I looked down at the floor. "Everything's fine. I need to get work done." I bowed and walked back to the room.

"Hyung?" I heard Taehyun.

"Yes, Tae?" I looked over at him.

"Can you help me with this?" He asked, looking back at the computer.

"Of course." I walked over to him and sat next to him.

As we continued working, my phone buzzed in my pocket. As I scrambled to find it, it was a message from Jisung.

Jisung: We're all worried about you. Call me when you can.

I laid my phone back down as I ignored every message that came through.

As time went by, all of us continued to work. We occasionally would take breaks to walk around the building to get food and drinks. Gigi kept stashing snacks in her coat while Jena tried to keep her out of trouble.

"Gigi, what are you doing?" Jena asked.

"Nothing." She said as she stashed the last snack.

"Put it back." Jena walked up to her, taking the snacks.

"Taehyun's doing it too!" She yelled.

"Tae!" I yelled back. "Put it back!"

"But Hyung!" He whined.

"Those aren't ours, put it back." I shook my head, taking the snacks out. "Good lord. Why are there so many?" The snacks were endless.

"What if I get hungry later?"

"Then we will come back and get food." I sighed. "Dongyeon." I said, getting his attention. "Put these back before Tae gets in trouble." He nodded. "I'm going to put you in a straight jacket." I grabbed his arm, dragging him away.

When we got back to the studio, Chan stopped me before I could go in. "Walk with me for a second?" He asked.

"Sure, hold on." I peaked through the door. "I'll be right back guys." As we walked, he was silent for a second.

"Are you avoiding me?" He asked.

"No. Why do you ask?" I lied.

"After yesterday, you've been acting strange." He mentioned. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable in any way. That wasn't my intention."

"No, it's just." I paused. "I felt like I was being too friendly. I'm afraid that I made you uncomfortable by coming around too much." He stopped me.

"If anything I was the one coming around too much. I was always insisting on doing things for you when that was not my place. I am sorry." And in that moment, he hugged me. At first I was stunned but eventually I patted his back.

"It's okay." I smiled. "I'm sure we will be good friends from this day forward." He pulled away.

"Jisung misses you like crazy." He laughed.

"I'll make sure to call him when I get the chance." I chuckled as I walked back.

"Oh, and another thing." He stopped me. "Me and Jisung are going to see a movie later, want to come?" He asked.

"Actually, I'd love to tag along. Thank you." I bowed, walking back to the studio.