Catching Feelings

"Hyung?" Taehyun looked at me from afar.

"What, Tae?" I kept working with Dongyeon.

"Are you still mad?"

"I'm not mad." I sighed. "Look, it was none of your business either way, but me and Chan have nothing going on." I smiled to reassure him.

He stood in front of me, dropping to his knees, pleading. "Please don't be mad at me!" He begged. "I'm sorry." He bowed.

"I'm not mad at you." I laughed. "Go sit down." He walked to his chair.

My phone began to rang as I picked it up. "Hello, this is y/n."

"This is Felix."

"Did Jisung give you my number?" I laughed.

"Chan gave it to me." Since when did he have my number?

"Chan has my number?" I asked.

"Jisung gave it to him. He gave it to all of us."

"Alright. What's up, Lix?" I sat the phone between my shoulder and head while I continued to work.

"Jisung said you turned down dinner the other day. I wanted to see if you were available today?"

"Just me?" I questioned.

"You and the whole group." He laughed. "It'll be later this evening."

"I think we can make it." I smiled. "Actually, I'll put it on the schedule."

"Great! After work, we will swing by your studio." He hung up.

"Guys, we have a very important dinner with Stray Kids later." I informed everyone.

"Really?" Gigi squealed. "Hyung-ah! I'm so excited."

"They want to hang out with us?" Taehyun was skeptical.

"I guess so." I smiled.

"They barely know who we are." Jena crossed her arms. "Everything about them screams odd."

"Let's be nice. I'm sure they do this with every new JYP group." I smiled.

"Y/n, I don't think this is a good idea." Dongyeon grabbed my shoulder. "We barely know them."

"You guys do not have to go. This is totally optional and up to you." I sat back. "So, who's going?"

"Count me out." Dongyeon responded.

"Me too." Jena crossed her arms.

"I'll go with you, Hyung!" Gigi smiled.

"Yeah, me too." Taehyun piped up.

"So me, Tae, and Gigi?" Everyone nodded. "Alright then."

Later that evening, the three of us headed to dinner. We met them at the address they gave us.

As we walked in, they were all smiles. "Where's the other two?" Jisung asked.

"They were too busy." I lied. "But, I have these two."

"Maybe they can make it next time." Changbin smiled.

As we all sat down, the last seat was beside Chan. I was hesitant to take it. "I don't bite, you know?" He laughed. I stayed silent and just laughed.

I was so nervous, I began taking shots to ease the anxiety. "Slow down, Hyung." Jisung laughed.

"Maybe let's take a break from that." Chan grabbed my glass.

The conversation kept going and I was slowly slipping out of it. I sat there and listened as the shots started to kick in.

"Are you okay?" I heard Changbin ask. The room was spinning and my face was hot.

"It's so hot in here." My words slurred. I took another shot. "Is it hot to anyone else?" They all stared at me.

"I wouldn't drink too much." Lee Know mentioned. "Have some water." He handed me a glass.

I felt a hand on my forehead and then on my cheeks. "You're burning up." Chan mentioned. "Drink this." He assisted me.

"Y/n is a goner." Seungmin laughed.

"Y/n's going to feel that in the morning." Hyunjin giggled.

"I'm fine." I demanded while getting sick. "Jisung-ah." I slurred more. "I appreciate you so much for inviting me, but I think I should get going."

"Hyung-ah, you don't look so good." Gigi mentioned.

Chan stood up from his chair. "I'll drive Y/n home." He smiled, grabbing my arm to help me walk.

When we were outside, I was a staggering mess. "Channie Hyung!" I screamed. "Thank you so much."

"Let's sit down for a second." I kept my eyes straight as we sat on a bench. "Next time, your drink count is limited." He laughed.

"Do you remember how rude I was to you?" I blurted out.

"No, I don't because you were never rude to me."

"But, I was." I looked at him. "I yelled at you after you tried to care for me." My head was spiraling. "I'm sorry. I'm just so hard on myself."

"And that's okay." He rubbed my back. "We're quite similar, you know?"

"How?" I looked at him.

"Well, we both overwork ourselves for our members and our job. As leaders, all the pressure is on us." He paused. "I've been doing this for a long time and let me say this, you will burn yourself out. Take it easy."

I nodded. "I never noticed how nice you were. You must pity me." All of my thoughts were spewing out.

"I don't pity you. When I look at you, I see me." He sighed. "So if I pity you then I pity me and I don't pity myself." He giggled.

"You're so.." I trailed off, collapsing on his shoulder. "Nice." He stayed still.

"Hey, y/n. We have to get you home." He mentioned.

"I don't want to fail." I muttered into his shoulder. I was slowly losing consciousness as he helped me up and helped me walk all the way back to my car.

"You're too drunk to drive. Let me drive you. I'll have Lee Know come get me." He smiled.

"Sure." I nodded, getting in the passenger seat.

I watched him as he drove me home. He was so kind and caring. Was there something between us? Could there ever be?