The Performance

The day of the performance came and we were all so nervous. We weren't a big group so the stage was small.

I peeked around the corner to see only a few thousand people but to us, that was a lot.

"Hyung-ah! I'm nervous." Gigi held onto my arm. "Where's Jena?"

"She's on her way." I smiled.

Jena busted through the back door. "I'm so sorry I'm late!" She threw her bags down. "Gigi, come here." Gigi walked over, sitting next to her.

"Hyung." I felt a tap on my shoulder as I turned around. "Do you think we'll do okay?" Taehyun asked.

I rubbed his shoulder. "You'll do just fine, Tae." I smiled. "Just take a deep breath."

"Hey, y/n." Dongyeon ran up to me. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I nodded.

"What's wrong?"

"I just want to say that, you're the best leader. Thank you so much for taking care of us." He smiled. "Especially Gigi and Taehyun. I think they'd die without you." He laughed.

"Thank you, Dongyeon. That means more to me than you'll ever know." I smiled.

"Guys, get dressed!" Jena stood against the doorframe. "We're on in 10 minutes."

(YOUR CHOICE)

(Girls)

(Boy)

We all formed a circle, taking a deep breath as a group. "We are going to be okay." I smiled. "I'm so proud to call you all family."

"We love you too, hyung!" Gigi hugged me.

"You mean that?" Taehyun teared up.

"Come on, no tears, Tae." I laughed.

"Let's go guys!" Jena yelled as we all made an entrance on stage. "Make some noise!"

The crowd went wild as we got into position. And then "The Rize" was blasting through the speakers.

Jena: "Eyes on me

up all night till the sunrise
i dont care what ya think
you know we never die
come take my picture, baby
why do you look so distraught?
does my style scare you?
rip it up, rev the engine
it's about to get loud."

Dongyeon: "flashing lights all around me
my fame is just too hot
come a little closer
let me give you some of it"

Everyone: "we act like we care but we dont
want to see the rize of ME
THE RIZE OF ME
this is the rize of ME
jump in to see the rize of."

Y/n: "hey, over here!
did i say you could go?
you are my doll, my fame is just too hot
like a puppet on a string, we always control
my kingdom built from building blocks
you know we never stop."

Gigi: "like a leader, im in control now
take your hats off, be respectful, bow
look over me all you want to
this is just what we do."

Taehyun: "is this what it feels like
to be on top of the world
you know we breaking the wall
dont take away the fun."

Everyone: "we never cared, so climb up
see the rize of ME
THE RIZE OF ME
this is the rize of ME
jump in to see the rize of."

Taehyun: "every day, every night we're always on top
you know we never stop

Everyone: "THE RIZE OF ME
THE RIZE OF ME
this is the rize of ME."

As we stood in our ending position, we were all smiles. Taehyun was in tears while Dongyeon comforted him.

"We are so excited to be able to share this album with all of you." I said, practically out of breath. "We put our all into what we do. You are all MXP's because without you and I, we wouldn't be MIXUP." I smiled. "Thank you so much." We all bowed before walking off stage.

"You guys did amazing." Dongyeon mentioned.

Taehyun cried on my shoulder. "Hyung!" I patted his back. "There were so many."

"I know. You did well today. Good job, Tae." I embraced him.

On the way back to the studio, we were all killed. We took a nap in hopes to gain back some energy.

When we walked through the door to our studio, Stray Kids were there to greet us.

"Surprise!" Jisung yelled.

"Hyung-ah!" Felix clapped. "You did well!"

"Congrats." Seungmin popped confetti.

"Is this going to be a regular occurrence?" I laughed.

"Most likely." Chan laughed.

"I baked you a cake." Changbin handed me the box.

"No he did not! I did!" Felix yelled.

"Well, I helped him bake it."

"You weren't even there!" Felix rolled his eyes.

"Thank you all for this." Dongyeon stepped forward. "We appreciate it."

"Thank you." Gigi bowed.

"Thanks guys." Jena smiled.

"Hyungs!" Taehyun ran forward and gave Chan a hug. "Thank you." He cried.

"Is he always like this?" Chan laughed.

"He's really emotional." I smiled, patting Taehyuns back. "Come on, Tae."

"Anyway, I'm so sorry we weren't able to see the performance in person, but we did watch it live." Chan mentioned. "You guys did great and I can't wait for more."

"The albums release is tomorrow, but we have more performances coming up soon." I laughed.

"It's getting late, I'll let you all work." Chan mentioned, gathering his members. "Good job guys."

After they left, we worked on our other songs to make sure they were perfect. Gigi was with Jena. Me, Dongyeon, and Taehyun were sitting together.

Gigi and Jena were working on music video concepts. Gigi was super crafty and had an amazing imagination, but Jena had the fashion.

"I'm going to go get some water. Do you guys want anything?" I asked.

"Bring me a tea, please." Taehyun smiled as I nodded.

As I walked out the door, Chan greeted me. "Hi, y/n"

"Oh, hi!" I smiled, waving. "I assumed you already went home."

"Everyone else did, but I work late." He sighed.

"Ahh, I get that. It's about time for us to leave to, but I think I'm going to stay back." I gathered a water and a tea.

"Why don't we work together?" He mentioned. "Like, enjoy eachothers company so we don't have to be alone."

"That works." I smiled. "I'll swing by your room whenever they go home." I walked back to the room.