The Confession

For the next few days, things were mainly the same. My members and I started working with Stray kids to complete the song we had promised to collab on. It went well until something came up.

"Could you record your part again?" Chan asked Tayhyun. He nodded and did so. "Perfect. Y/n you're next."

"Chan." I tapped on his shoulder. "This part is meant for vocals. I'm not sure I'm comfortable doing it."

"Let's record and see how things go." He smiled.

When I got in the booth I was nervous. I had sang before, but I mostly rapped. As I recorded the part, my voice cracked. "I'm sorry."

"That's alright. Let's try again." He began recording. Another voice crack came, I felt defeated.

"One more time." This time there were no voice cracks, but my pitch felt off.

"How about we record Dongyeon for this part and we will put you with Changbin." He smiled. I came out of the booth, feeling hopeless.

"It's okay, Hyung." Gigi patted my back.

"Your vocals were perfect." Jena mentioned.

"They need so much work." My head was in my hands as I sighed.

"Alright, Y/n you're next." I stepped into the booth. This time it was a rap verse. I felt more comfortable and the flow came naturally.

"No need for a second take." I stepped out.

As I dug through my bag, Felix tapped on me. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"Of course." I stepped outside.

"I know this is personal, but do you like Chan?" My face became red as I quickly responded.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"I was hoping you would have said yes."

"Why's that?"

"You're all he talks about. I just wanted to see if it was mutual." He smiled.

"Oh, uhm, maybe a little?" Felix began to giggle.

"Oh really?" He jumped. "Are you going to tell him?" He screamed, I covered his mouth.

"No!" I whispered.

"Why not?"

"Because I said maybe a little." I sighed. "I don't want to hurt him."

"I'm sure you won't." He reassured me.

"You have to promise you won't tell him." I held up my pinky.

"I promise." He interlocked his pinky with mine.

When walked back in the room, I sat next to Taehyun as he played with a paper clip.

"Look Hyung! It's a heart." He showed me. I laughed.

"Out of everything in here, you decided to play with a paper clip?"

"Chan gave it to me." He smiled.

"Hyung-ah!" Gigi walked up to me. "I'm hungry."

"I'll go get you something." I stood up.

"Here, let me go with you." Chan grabbed his jacket. "Changbin and Han have this under control." He walked out with me. For most of the walk, it was silent until I felt his hands on my shoulders. "Take my jacket, it's cold outside."

"Thank you." I slipped my arms through it.

"I wanted to ask you if you'd like to go to dinner sometime?" He looked at the ground. His face was completely flushed.

"Are you asking me out?" My heart pounded out of my chest.

"I guess I am." He smiled.

"Well, I'd love too." I smiled back at him. As we grabbed food and headed back, his eyes were on me the whole time. It made me nervous.

"Y/n" Minho yelled. "Your face looks pretty red. What'd you two do out there?" Him and Jisung laughed.

"Lee know!" Chan scolded him as his face got red.

"Both of your faces are red." Seungmin mentioned. "Do you like each other?" And in that moment, Chan grabbed my hand.

"Me and y/n have a dinner date coming up." I looked over at him.

"Hyung-ah!" Gigi hugged me. "I knew you liked him." She smiled.

"Really?" Jisung practically ran up to us. "You're dating my hyung?" He asked me.

"We're not dating." I clarified. "It's just dinner." The entire time Dongyeon never said a word. He sat in the corner until he walked over to me, grabbing my wrist and dragging me outside.

"Really?" He asked.

"What?"

"You're going on a date with him?"

"It's just dinner." I mentioned. "It's not even a date."

"He said it was a dinner date." He crossed his arms.

"It's not like I'm sleeping with the man." I scoffed. "It's dinner, Dongyeon."

"I don't trust him." He yelled.

"So? Who cares what you think?" He cut me off by kissing me, I stood in shock.

"I thought we liked each other."

"Where on earth did you get that idea?" I asked.

"I thought we had a connection." He sighed.

"You knew I liked Chan from the moment I met him!" I yelled. "That's why you didn't trust him or the others."

"I like you." He confessed.

"I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way." I walked passed him and out to my car. I heard a knock on my window when I rolled it down. "Go away, Dongyeon."

"It's me." I looked over at Chan. "I heard what happened and I wanted to apologize. I didn't mean to cause a fight."

"It's not your fault." I sunk into my seat. "I like you." I mumbled.

"You what?" He asked, getting into my passenger seat.

"I like you. Not in a friendly way either. I could never just be your friend."

"I like you too." He smiled. "That's why I asked you out to dinner and that's why I'm constantly coming around. From the moment I met you, I knew I liked you." I stared forward, afraid to make eye contact. "I'll let you cool off. Come back inside when you're ready."