Dinner Date

It was my first night in my new home away from my mom. It was provided to me by the company. It was quite small but it was perfect for a starter home.

As I laid in bed, I was restless. I tossed and turned for hours, constantly getting up for a glass a water. I heard my phone ding while in the kitchen.

Chan: Can't sleep. Have too much on my mind haha

Me: Me too. It's been quite a night.

Chan: Want some company?

Me: That'd be nice

Chan: Let's take a walk. I'll come to you

Me: I'll be ready!

As I put my shoes on and threw a jacket over my shoulders, I sat on the bed waiting by the window for his car to pull in. Desperately waiting for the headlights to shine through.

It had been a few minutes when I saw those lights. I watched him walk up to my door as I ran, I was ready. I answered quickly before he could knock. "You must have seen my headlights." He laughed.

"I was waiting to see them." I smiled as his face turned every shade of red. "Well, let's walk." I walked in front of him, motioning for him to catch up with me.

As we walked, it was perfectly silent. The streets were empty and the lights shined down on the sidewalk. They glistened in the water next to us as we passed by.

"Do you miss them yet?" He asked.

"More than anything." I sighed.

"Do you think you'll go back to them?"

"I'm not sure." My breath hitched at the cold air. "I'm not sure if I could be without them."

"I'm sure they are missing you like crazy." He smiled. "Gigi was worried about you."

"Do you think I'll be able to forget about all of this?" I sat on the bench next to us.

"You'll never forget about what happened, but if you're willing to move passed it, it won't mean as much to you later." He sat next to me.

"That's what Changbin said too." I laughed. "Dongyeon clearly disrespected my boundaries."

"And you don't have to fogive him for that." He grabbed my hand. "But some day, everything will be okay."

"One day, I think I'd be able to forgive him for what he did, but for right now, it's best for me to stay on hiatus." I sighed. "Anyways, thank you for keeping me company, I should probably head back now." I stood up from my spot.

"Let me walk you back." He stood up with me as we walked. When we got to the door, he hugged me. "Take care of yourself. I'll come by anytime."

"Take care of yourself as well." I smiled. "Come by anytime." As we parted ways, he waved to me as he got into his car. I walked inside, setting my jacket to the side as I laid in bed. I was no longer restless. I fell asleep almost immediately at the thought of his embrace.

The next morning, I rolled over to see a message from Chan.

Chan: Let's have that dinner date today?

Me: What time?

Chan: I'll pick you up at 5

Me: Sounds good!

As I got up, I made breakfast and took a shower. I laid out some clothes and found some shoes that I could wear. 

My phone rang, it was Taehyun. "Hello." I put my phone between my ear and my shoulder.

"I was wondering if you were doing okay."

"I'm doing alright. I mean, a bit better than yesterday." I said, trying to multitask.

"Between you and me, do you think you'll ever come back?" He asked. For a second, I pondered the question.

"Tae, I don't know." I sighed. "I mean, I can't leave you guys."

"You don't have to come back to us. Whether we're in a group or not, we'll always be family." He said, as I heard the doorbell ring.

"I have to go. I'll talk later." I hung up, opening the door to reveal Chan who had a smile on his face. He was holding flowers and his cheeks were red.

"That color looks nice on you." He giggled, handing me the flowers. "These are for you."

"Oh my, thank you so much." I hugged him before putting them in a vase. "We ready to go?"

"Yeah." He lead me out to the car.

He had made a reservation in advance so we got to the table quickly. For the entire night, we spent the hours getting to know each other. I quickly learned a lot about him. Time seemed to slip away when we realized that we had been there for an hour, but it didn't stop there. We talked the entire way to the car and back home as if we had known each other forever. The conversation never stopped. He knew how to make me laugh and how to make me comfortable just by being who he is. Deep down, I knew that things between me and him were far from over.