Late Night

I walked in and sat down, handing Taehyun his tea that he asked for. "Thank you, Hyung." He smiled.

After a few moments, I realized it was getting late. Taehyun was dozing off in his chair. Gigi was asleep on the couch. "Alright guys, you all can go rest." I smiled.

"What about you?" Jena asked. "You need rest, too. You worked hard today."

"I'll leave in a little while. I need to get a few things done." I smiled. As everyone left, they waved goodbye and I did the same.

I peaked around the corner to make sure they were out of site before booking it the Chan's room.

"Did you run here?" He laughed.

"It's just, Gigi and Tae have loud mouths. They would go crazy if they knew I was working with you alone and after dark." I explained.

"It's not like we're dating." He giggled. "Just two leaders working." He began getting back to work, patting the seat next to him. "Come sit, let's work together."

I sat down and grabbed my laptop. At first we were both quiet. At some points, I forgot he was even there until he dropped his pen.

We both bent down to pick it up at the same time, bumping heads. "Oh my god." I rubbed my forehead. "That hurt." I looked over at him.

"Are you okay?" He laughed.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I couldn't help but to laugh back. "I forgot you were here. I thought I dropped the pen."

"You must be working hard then." He smiled, looking over my shoulder. "Is that for the next album?"

"Yeah, it is."

"Why are you working on it so early? You'll burn yourself out." His look of concern filled my peripheral vision.

"I just need to work ahead." I kept typing.

"Y/n." I cut him off.

"I'm not trying to sound rude here, but I need to overwork myself. This needs to be done." I looked back at my computer, putting my headphones on.

"I'm sorry. Just didn't want you to hurt yourself." I heard him before working again.

We sat in silence as my head slowly dropped and hit the table. "Ow."

"What happened?" He looked over.

"I think I fell asleep. I hit my head on the table." I rubbed my forehead.

"It's 10pm. It's time for us to go home." He said getting up from his spot.

"I'm not done yet." I looked back.

"I'm not trying to overstep here, but you need rest. If you don't rest, you will collapse on stage." His tone was stern.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier, I just like working ahead." I bowed. "I'll get going."

I walked out the door until I heard him yell. "Wait!" I turned around.

"I'm sorry for using my leader voice. It's just I've seen this happen to so many idols and it never ends well." He apologized. "In this industry, your life depends on rest."

"I understand completely. I'm sorry for being irrational." I bowed once again.

"You're stressed and that's okay." He smiled. "You go home and get some rest."

"I will." I waved as I walked to my car.

The next day, I grabbed my things and went to the studio. "Look at you." I smiled. "Finally here before me." I laughed.

"Very funny." Dongyeon rolled his eyes.

"Anyone else make it?" I took my jacket off, laying it on the couch.

"Jena is here, she is in the bathroom."

"Alright." I sat down and began working.

A few minutes later, Gigi came in. "Hyung-ah!" She yelled. "Good morning!" She was all smiles.

"You are just a ball of sunshine." I laughed.

"Where's Jena?" She pouted.

"She went to get something to drink." I reassured her.

"Hyung!" Taehyun yelled as he opened the door.

"Yes, Tae?" I looked up.

"What song are we performing today?"

"We are performing "My Style." I smiled, still writing on my schedule. "Tomorrow, we have that collab with Stray kids."

"Oh yeah, that reminds me." Gigi stood up. "Hyung, why did you stay late with Bang Chan last night?"

My eyes widened as I looked at Taehyun whose jaw had dropped. "You stayed late with Chan? Like, after dark?"

"So, I know how this looks, but we were just working together." I laughed. "There is nothing going on between me and Chan."

"Hyung." Taehyun smirked. "Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, Tae. We were just working." I kept working on my laptop.

"Do you like him?" Taehyun got close to me.

"Oh my god! You scared me." I gasped. "I don't even know the man to like him."

"Does he like you?"

"How would I know?" I shook my head.

"Let me find out." He sprinted out of the room.

"Taehyun! Get back here!" I ran after him, but he was too fast to keep up with.

"Bang Chan!" He opened their door.

"Hey, Tae!" Chan greeted him. "What's up?"

"Taehyun! Get over here." I grabbed his shirt.

"Do you like..." I covered his mouth.

"I am so sorry for his behavior. This will not happen again." I smiled and bowed. "Seo Taehyun! Let's get back to work."

Taehyun's voice was muffled as he tried to ask. "Are you sure everything's okay?" Chan laughed.

"He is my problem child. Everything is fine. Let's go, Tae." I dragged him back to the room, guarding the door. "No one will be bothering Bang Chan while he works. Please talk to him on your own time." I kept it professional as I took my seat.

"Did y/n kick your ass, Tae?" Jena laughed.

"Y/n says I'm in trouble." He crossed his arms.

"You are in huge trouble." I eyed him. "Let's get back to work everyone." I smiled.