Dispatch

A month had passed and I was doing well. Although I missed my members, everyone was doing fine. Chan came by occasionally to check up on me. Taehyun visited a lot too. I hadn't heard from Dongyeon, but for now it was for the best.

I had heard a knock at the door as soon as my alarm went off. I was surprised to see Dongyeon on the other side. "I know it's not right for me to come by like this, but can we talk?" I nodded, letting him in. "I just wanted to apologize once again. It was wrong of me to assume."

"I'm not very happy with you, but I'm not that upset anymore." I reassured him.

"Are you and Chan going out?" He asked.

"Not officially, but we have been getting closer."

"I actually came by to let you know that I have been thinking about becoming a soloist. So you won't feel uncomfortable."

"I never felt uncomfortable and even in this moment, I still don't. I just needed time away." I smiled. "I'm sorry to cut this short, but I am busy today."

"I understand. I'll get going." He grabbed his stuff and left.

I sat on the couch waiting for Chan. I scrolled through my phone when I saw a post. It was a picture of me and Chan. You couldn't see our faces, but it was clear it was us. "Kpop idols Bang Chan of Stray kids and Y/n of MIXUP have been spotted together walking out of a restaurant." I was frantic. I scrolled through the comments.

Oh my god! Chan and Y/n!!

They look so good together!!

Ew!!

Chan would never date Y/n.

They are so cute! I ship them!

Chan in his first dating scandal!!!

That's not even them.

I read more into the post. "Bang Chan and Y/n were also spotted getting into a car together." I immediately called Chan.

"Have you been on twitter today?" I asked as soon as he answered.

"No. Why?" I sent him the link. "Oh my god."

"What do we do?"

"Ignore it until it goes away." He sighed. "There's nothing you can do in situations like this. The company will release a statement denying the rumors anyways."

"It's hard to deny something that is true!" I panicked. "I have to go back."

"You're returning from hiatus?"

"I have to. It makes me look bad if I'm on hiatus while this is going on." I grabbed my things. "Meet me there."

When I got there, I ran into the building. Shortly after, JYP released a statement.

This is JYPE. Y/n of MIXUP has returned from their hiatus and will be back on schedule with their group. Give them lots of support and a warm welcome.

"Hyung!" Taehyun yelled as he hugged me. "You're already back."

"I told you I wouldn't be gone long." I smiled.

"Hyung-ah! You're back!" Gigi squealed.

"Nice to see you too, Gigi." I laughed.

"Have you looked on twitter recently?" Jena asked as I sighed.

"That's actually why I'm here."

"What's going on?" Dongyeon asked.

"Y/n and Chan are in a dating scandal." Jena informed everyone.

"Is it true?" Taehyun asked me.

"We aren't dating, but we have been going out a lot." I sighed. "I didn't think they'd recognize us."

"What are you going to do?" Gigi asked.

"I'm going to ignore it and wait it out." Chan immediately came through the door.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled to me. "I'm sure it'll go away."

A few hours later, JYP had released a statement about the situation.

Hello, this is JYPE. Y/n of MIXUP and Bang Chan of Stray Kids were recently seen together. They both deny the rumors of the dating scandal and have came forward. "We are just friends. Our groups hang out all the time." Y/n states. "Me and Y/n are good friends, just like me and other idols." Bang Chan states. The dating scandal has been denied.

Afterwards there were many posts about the statement.

Idols can't be friends without you all thinking they're dating😒

Dispatch will do anything to have something to post.

Really disappointed in some of you. You all switch up so quickly. So what if they were dating? Doesn't mean you have to stop supporting them.

People had seemed to believe the statement. I walked over to Chan and sat down next to him. "Hopefully everyone will forget."

"They never forget, but someday, it won't mean as much." He grabbed my hand. "Can I ask you something?" I nodded. "Can I kiss you?" My eyes widened. "You don't have to say anything." He smiled and stood up.

I chased after him and grabbed his hand. "Yes, you can." I smiled. As he leaned in I felt myself leaning into him. I pulled him in more. The kiss seemed to last forever. When I pulled away, I muttered the words. "I like you."

"And I like you." He smiled. "Get home safely okay?" He kissed my cheek as I walked to my car.