i. new neighbor

Molly loved Eli's bed

Molly loved Eli's bed. She didn't know why. Maybe it's because of his love for fluffy and soft blankets or maybe it's the fact that he always washes his sheets right before Molly comes over so they're warm for her that makes Molly never want to leave Eli's house once she's there.

Maybe he's doing it on purpose.

Molly was curled up into Eli and his blankets, not ready to leave. It was morning and Molly had accidentally spent the night without meaning to. Eli's mom went to bed early the night before because of a migraine and figured Molly would leave on her own. Both of Molly's parents travel a lot for their jobs so they wouldn't have known anyway.

Eli and Molly lost track of time watching movies and before they knew it, they were both knocked out cold, tangled into each other. Molly tried her hardest to get up from the warmth of the bed so she could leave without Eli's mom noticing, but ultimately gave up.

Eli didn't want Molly to leave, but it was his moms rules and if she found out Molly spent the night, she'd probably make Eli stop seeing her. He gently nudged Molly and she sighed, knowing what he was about to say. Molly slowly got up, stretching her back in the process.

Eli's eyes watched Molly as she did so before he blinked multiple times and looked away, his cheeks turning pink in the process.

Molly got out of the bed and walked around it so she was on Eli's side. The boy got out of his bed and immediately pulled Molly into a hug, his arms going around her waist as his cheek rested on her shoulder since she was a couple inches taller than him.

"I'll see you Monday." Eli said as they pulled away from the hug, going to lean in for a kiss. "No." Molly said, shielding her face from his lips. Eli laughed, from the few other times Molly had slept over, he knew why she hid her face. "I have morning breath." She muttered. Considering she didn't know she was sleeping over, she didn't think to bring a toothbrush. Eli rolled his eyes, a small on his face. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet, Mol. I want to kiss you."

Molly smiled at his words, feeling a small flutter in her stomach at his words. It wasn't really common for Eli to be bold, but recently he had been dropping a few more comments that would make Molly all giddy inside.

When Eli saw Molly's cheeks tinge pink, he smiled, glad that he could make her feel how she makes him feel. He gently put his hands on her waist and pulled her into a quick kiss.  When they pulled away, Molly gave him a big smile, their faces still somewhat close as she held his face.

"I had a great time." Molly whispered and Eli smiled. To control his own butterflies, Eli gave Molly another quick kiss. "Me too." He whispered back before she spun Molly around by her hips to face the door. "Now go before my mom murders me please."

Molly laughed at his words, heading out of his room. She was quiet as she past his mothers room and down the stairs. Molly stealthily made it out of the house without Eli's mom noticing her. She ran towards the garage where her Bike was locked up by and quickly unlocked, hopped on the bike, and started to pedal towards the street.