xii. mourning til morning

Demetri and Molly made it to Applebees before the rest of the group

Demetri and Molly made it to Applebees before the rest of the group. The two of them requested a table for five; Molly, Demetri, Miguel, Hawk, and Aisha. Their waiter led them to their table and said they'd be back once the whole party was there.

It was only around five minutes before the rest of the group arrived. Miguel, Molly and Demetri squeezed into one side of the booth while Aisha and Hawk sat on the other side.

Molly had to admit, thoughout the tournament, she did not listen to Johnnys advice on getting Hawk back. To be frank, Molly still wasn't sure what the man meant by that so she took as best as she could understand.

Which is why as soon as the dinner started, Molly acted as if nothing was wrong. She acted like Hawk and her hadn't broken up just the night prior and instead, put on a fake smile.

They ordered their appetizers, nachos for the table and mozzarella sticks Molly and Miguel would share. When it was time to order drinks, Hawk attempted to get alcohol for the table, but the waitress caught onto Hawks fake ID and took it away.

As soon as the appetizers made it to the table, Miguel excused himself to sit alone at another table. Molly ignored it, knowing that he was just getting out a breakup like she was and in about an hour, she may need to leave the table to be away from Hawk too.

"So you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer? Victory nachos!" Aisha cheered to her instagram story, turning her camera around to face her friends and the nachos.

Molly and Hawk both grabbed a nacho and raised them into the air as cheers for Aisha.

Aisha turned the camera back around to her and gave her followers a frown. "It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." She said as Hawk took a bite of his chip.

Immediately, Hawks face dropped and he looked up at Aisha. "Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." Hawk said and Aisha cringed.

"Sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz." She apologized. She quickly ended the video and sat back down beside Hawk.

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party." Demetri said, a satisfied smile on his face as he nodded his head and grabbed a nacho. Just as he was about to place the chip in his mouth, Hawk, who sat directly across from him, leaned over and snatched the chip out of his hands.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." Hawk chuckled out, eating the chip.

Molly grabbed a mozzarella stick from her basket and took a bite. Her eyes widened at the cheese pull, shocked that the cheese had stretched so far. She squealed, catching Aisha's full attention and the two boys attention for just a second. They laughed at Mollys excitement as Aisha quickly pulled out her phone to snap a photo.

"Well, then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp." Demetri said just as Mollys cheese broke. Molly frowned, but quickly cleaned herself up and ate the rest of her mozzarella stick as she groaned.