xvii. loved

"I just don't get why we have to watch these!" Robby complained from Mollys couch as Molly made microwave popcorn in her kitchen

Molly bent her knees so she could see Robby through her kitchen island and smiled. "You don't have to watch them, but it's pretty sad that you haven't seen them."

The microwave beeped and Molly jumped, turning around to the appliance. Robby laughed at Molly and turned back to the TV that was opened to the Netflix movie To All The Boys I've Loved Before.

As Molly poured popcorn into one big bowl, she continued her rant. "I mean... Everybody talked about to all the boys." Molly said.

She walked back towards the living room and plopped down on the couch directly beside Robby. Sure, there was room for her not to be right beside him, but they were sharing a bowl of popcorn so she had to sit closer to him.

"Didn't everyone hate that movie?" Robby asked, grabbing a handful of the hot popcorn as Molly brought her feet onto the couch and her knees to her chest. "That's Kissing Booth. Everyone loved this one."

Robby let out a sarcastic "oh, duh", earning a whack on the arm from Molly. Robby laughed, turning to Molly beside him, who was holding back her own laugh.

Molly grabbed a handful of popcorn as she leaned forward to grab the remote from the coffee table in front of her. She pressed play and leaned back into the couch, eating her popcorn as the movie started to play.

...

The two were silent for most of the movie, beside the occasional laughs, and Mollys snarky comments told Gen when she'd appear on screen.

Robby was actually paying attention to the movie. Molly talked so highly of it he decided to give it a real shot.

Despite all of this, the movie seemed unrealistic to him. The thought had been circling his mind since the beginning of the movie, but he didn't speak out on it until Lara Jean found out Peter spent the night in Gen's room during the ski trip.

Throughout the whole movie, Lara Jean had been so emotional when it came to Peter, he didn't understand it. "I thinking know why I haven't watched any of these." Robby admitted. Molly turned her head, her eyebrows raised slightly as she completely disregarded the movie.

Robby kept his eyes on the movie though, a distasteful look on his face as he ate another handful of popcorn and shook his head. "It's unrealistic. No one feels that emotional when they're in love."

Molly turned to the television then back to Robby. There was a small pang in her chest, Robby's words insulting her a little. "Have you ever been in love?" She asked. Her question was genuine and her voice was soft, almost hesitant to speak.

Robby slowly turned to Molly, his judgmental features towards the movie softening when he looked at Molly. Very gently—almost unnoticeably—Robby shook his head. "No."