xix. nothing or something

To say Molly was angry at some of her teammates was an understatement

To say Molly was angry at some of her teammates was an understatement. When she got to her next Cobra Kai practice after the mall fight, all Molly wanted to do was beat up the boys that already fought, especially Hawk.

As for the karate classes itself, Johnny has started having Kreese teach the students more. It was Kreese's idea to have the students sit in a circle and call up two at a time to spar.

"Lets have..." Kreese paused as he looked around the circle of students. His turn slowed and he smirked when his eyes landed on a student. "Hawk." He said, pointing at the boy. Hawk's eyes widened at his name being called, but he stood up and walked into the circle nonetheless.

Kreese chuckled as Hawk walked up to him. He placed a hand on his shoulder and proudly looked around the room. "Who here will like to take on Hawk?" He asked. Although Miguel was the champion, it was obvious that Kreese favorited Hawk.

Molly's jaw clenched in anger. Without saying a word, Molly raised her hand. Molly heard Tory and Miguel whisper to each other about Molly volunteering, but she tuned at their words, trying to focus on the anger she was feeling to use it in her fight.

Kreese and Hawk had two completely opposite reactions to Molly's volunteering hand. Kreese smiled at Molly while Hawk's eyes widened. "Miss Preston. Please come up." Kreese offered with a kind voice.

As Molly walked to the center of the mat to face Hawk, Kreese moved backward to stand beside Johnny outside of the circle of students.

Molly stood opposite Hawk, her stance firm beside the small bounce she repeated on the balls of her feet. Hawk felt a wave of nervousness as he noticed her mood. Despite his jitters, he tried his best to appear relaxed and confident.

Soon, Kreese yelled, announcing the fight to start and Molly wasted no time. Like a bolt of lightning, she launched toward Hawk with a series of rapid-fire punches. Despite his initial nervousness, Hawk managed to find his grounding quickly. He raised his arms, blocking each of Molly's powerful strikes.

Hawk grabbed one of Molly's fists, stopping her constant throws. He raised his foot to kick Molly in the gut. Just before his foot could meet her stomach, Molly lifted her free hand, blocking Hawk's kick.

"Block! Keep fighting!" Kreese yelled.

Molly's anger towards the boy fueled her to keep fighting, but it did not cloud her judgment. She controlled it, using it to focus. Panicked, Hawk raised his foot and overcommitted to a high kick, banking on his speed to catch Molly off guard. But Molly had seen it coming. She ducked under Hawk's kick, and stuck her foot out, sweeping Hawk's foot out from under him.

Hawk hit the floor with a loud thud. As fast as she could, Molly pushed herself off the ground and stepped in, close, too close for Hawk. She knelt back down and with all her strength, threw a punch that landed squarely on Hawk's chest.