xv. handshake

Despite Robby moving out of Molly's house so she wouldn't have to waste gas driving him everywhere, Molly picked Robby up from the LaRusso's and they drove to a small cafe by Miyagi-Do to discuss their new plan to fake date

They sat at the patio of the cafe, Molly having a iced chai latte and a blueberry muffin so she could have some food in her stomach before karate while Robby just ripped off a couple pieces of Molly's muffin to snack on.

"Okay so, we need to come up with some ground rules." Molly said, taking a sip of her drink. She wasn't going to write out any rules. This was already a crazy plan enough and with her luck, someone would find their page of rules.

Robby raised his eyebrows, a small smile on his face as he put a ripped piece of Mollys muffin into his mouth. "Ground rules? We're gonna pretend to date. Simple as that." He shrugged out.

Molly rolled her eyes and scoffed. She turned back to Robby and shook her head. "We have to know what we're both comfortable with. What we both like." She explained before Molly took a bite of her muffin, the inner corners of her eyebrows lifting slightly. "Haven't you seen any fake dating romance movie?" She asked once she swallowed her food.

Robby leaned back in his seat and shook his head. Mollys eyes widened, leaning closer to the table—closer to Robby.

"The Proposal?"

Robby shook his head.

"Pretty Woman?" She asked and Robby muttered a small "nuh-uh."

"To All the Boys I've Loved Before?" Mollys asked. If Robby knew any fake dating romance movie, it'd have to be this one.

But just like his other responses, Robby shook his head. Molly slumped in her seat. "Really? Not even that one? It's on Netflix." She said and Robby gave Molly a deadpan look, his arms crossed.

"I didn't even have electricity, Molly. What makes you think I'd have Netflix?" He asked and Molly huffed.

"Okay, whatever. I'll just make you watch them. Either way, we need to still plan this thing." Molly explained and Robby was still confused, shrugging his shoulders. "Like what?" He asked.

"Like... how did we start dating? We have to have the same story." Molly explained.

Robby nodded, finally starting to understand why Molly insisted they meet up before either of them told people they were fake dating. He leaned forward in his seat as well, he and Molly now leaning forward on their ends of the table.

"After Valley Fest you went straight home, right? You didn't hang out with anybody? " Robby asked. Molly nodded, grabbing her drink. "Yeah." She answered, taking a sip.

"Okay. How about... After Valley Fest, I walked you to your car and asked you out? We can tell people today was our first date." Robby suggested.

A big grin grew on Mollys face and she nodded excitedly. "Perfect." She said happily. Molly nodded, feeling her face warm up before she spoke again. "Okay, next, how we act around other people. Like public displays of affection."