vii. unexpected

"You've trained hard

"You've trained hard. You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best. You're ready for this tournament, am I right?" Johnny screamed, standing on the top of a volkswagen van as the Cobra Kai students stood in the middle of a junkyard looking up at him.

"Yes, Sensei!"

"Wrong!" Johnny screamed, throwing his can of beer at Bert's feet, making the small boy jump back. "Your best ain't shit! If you wanna win the All Valley Under 18 Karate Tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. Which is why, from now on, you're gonna get my worst. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Sensei!"

"Are you losers?"

"No, Sensei!"

"Are you nerds?"

"No, Sensei!"

"Are you sure?"

"No, Sensei!"

As Johnny facepalmed, Molly started to chuckle. She could hear Johnny groan at Mollys laugh from the top of her van, making her only laugh more.

After destroying a couple cars with crowbars and bats, the group ran through tires until Aisha tripped and didn't get up quick enough. One by one, all the students started falling on top of each other like dominos.

After that, Molly helped Johnny set up a long board of wood and put it across a big bin of scrap metal. Students walked across the wood, Molly going first and succeeding. The activity was working well until Hawk's stumbled and was about to fall into the pit of rusted metal. Luckily, he was close enough to the edge of the plank for Molly to grab his arm and pull him the rest of the way.

After the activities, Johnny started passing out beef jerky to all the kids for lunch — which Molly did not consider that lunch, but you pick and choose your battles. "You guys hungry?" Johnny asked and everyone nodded.

"Good. 'Cause so are they." Johnny said with a big smirk on his face. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a dog whistle. He blew the whistle and Molly could hear something running at them before she heard the faint sound of dogs barking.

"Oh, Shit!" Aisha screamed.

"Bitch, run!" Molly yelled, grabbing onto the closest hand to hers which happened to be Aisha's. As soon as Aisha felt Molly grab onto her hand, the two girls instantly turned around and started running away.

The two girls ran towards the sea of cars and trucks. Molly's eyes fell on a tow truck and when she felt Aisha let go of her hand to run to her own spot, Molly immediately ran towards it. She jumped up and grabbed onto the crane that lifts the cars. Molly swung her legs up and around so she had a place to stand on the metal pole.

...

A couple of days later, Miguel, Aisha, Molly, and Hawk were at the movies. They were sitting in that order and it seemed like Molly was the only one actually paying attention to the movie; Miguel and Aisha were talking about Sam while Hawk stole popcorn from Mollys bucket and tried to throw the pieces into other people's buckets.