ix. for the better

Demetri, Molly, Miguel, Aisha, Hawk, and Bert met up at the park after Miguel said he had news he needed to tell the group about

After Miguel told the group about how he went to Sam's house the night prior and saw her eating dinner and laughing with a boy their age that he didn't recognize, Hawk and Bert started sparing while Molly, Demetri, and Aisha comforted and reassured Miguel.

The three of them were comforting Miguel for around thirty minutes before they gave up after he stopped responding to them.

Molly and Demetri were sending each other game pigeon games on their phones and when Demetri won their round of word hunt, Demetri turned to Molly, ready to cockily laugh in her face before he saw Miguel on the other side of Molly, his face pulled into a frown.

"Come on, eat something. I'll make you feel better." Demetri suggested. He reached into his bag that was at his feet and grabbed a sandwich. He sat back up and handed the sandwich to Miguel from over Molly.

Miguel shook his head, gently pushing the sandwich away from him. "Told you I'm not hungry, man." He muttered and Molly frowned. She nudged his shoulder with hers and gave him a small smile. "I still think you're overreacting. You should talk her."

Miguel scoffed, he slumped a bit in his seat so he and Molly were the same height and shook his head. "I'm not overreacting, Molls. I know what I saw."

"All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode." Hawk said from behind the four. Seconds later, Molly heard Bert groan and then fall to the ground. She turned around and saw Bert in the floor, holding his nose in pain.

"It's probably just her brother or something." Hawk said as he walked towards the bench the four were sitting on. He kissed the top of Mollys head as Molly watched Bert slowly get up off the ground. "You okay, B?" Molly asked and Bert groaned out a yes, holding up a weak thumbs up.

Miguel sighed at Hawks words, keeping his eyes on his feet.
"No, dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that." He muttered and Demetri snickered.

"Depends on what part of the country you're in." Demetri snarked. Molly groaned in disgust, rolling her eyes and hitting Demetri's shoulder with hers. Demetri struggled to catch himself so he didn't fall off the bench they were all squished on.

"All right, so you go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have the chance." Hawk said and Molly immediately started shaking her head. She turned to Miguel and raised her hand to cover Hawks face, still shaking her head. "No. No. Just talk to Sam. Tell her what you saw. It's probably nothing."

"Molly's right. Don't listen to Eli." Demetri said in agreement. Hawk turned his head to the boy, his face holding a cold glare. "It's Hawk." He corrected Demetri.

"Yeah, whatever." Demetri scoffed out, a small laugh leaving his lips with it. He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees so he could see Miguel. "The fact is, Sam's given you no reason not to trust her."